Salon flooring

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kittenclaws

gona be slim geek
Reaction score
ive been trying to decide what to put on my salon floor but not sure what is best,
the room is quite cold so didnt want something that attracts the cold, im worried about carpet as it will be ruined if something gets spilt on it, ceramic is to cold, i hate laminate, i did find some vinyl tiles that were ok ish, they were described as vertualy indistructable as they were made from some special resin, when i asked the guy about acetone he said it wouldnt effect the tile but i asked him to check with the manufactorer, now ive had a call to say the tile desintegrated with acetone ( indistructable to anyone except us super strong nail techs with a loaded bottle of acetone lol)
what does everyone else have on there salon floors? and have you had any problems with it?

Hi ya, i have lino in my rooms and find it much easier than carpet havent had any problems and you can get it at a reasonable price x

hi

is it first floor? or ground? rented or owned??
what is your budget?

its ground floor, (home salon) floor is concrete, it is owned and the budget is £200 (although prepared to go a little higher if i find the right thing)

I've got lino too - it looks like wood laminate and has silver squares on it too - I love it, no-one realises it's lino, they all think it's laminate flooring.

Withstands me dropping everything - I am the Clumsy Cow From Hell!!

£6.99 m2 from Carpet Right - if you're going to buy from there wait until the Bank Holiday weekend, they always have a discount over the bank holiday.

Trin
xx

Hi ... I've got exactly the same ... looks great, very effect and as yet seems very durable !

Trinity Nails said:
I've got lino too - it looks like wood laminate and has silver squares on it too - I love it, no-one realises it's lino, they all think it's laminate flooring.

Withstands me dropping everything - I am the Clumsy Cow From Hell!!

£6.99 m2 from Carpet Right - if you're going to buy from there wait until the Bank Holiday weekend, they always have a discount over the bank holiday.

Trin
xx

Well I was going to suggest laminate because it is so hard wearing, and they do it in a tile design that really look like tiling, but don't have the coldness of tiles. However Trin, having read your post I think I will look at lino for my floor as that is miles cheaper. Did you fit it yourself or did they do it for you. Think I shall have to have a little visit over there! How do you find it stands up to stiletto heels etc?

hi

have you considered underfloor heating if you want tiles?

in my hair salon downstairs i have a stick down vinyl plank system which is really hard wearing and not too cold.

It was fitted by a contract flooring company made to stand up to industrial bit like what you see on the floor in house of fraser etc.

looks like wood but its not. worth spending a good bit on flooring as its such an upheaval to change it later.

Sassy Hassy said:
Did you fit it yourself or did they do it for you. Think I shall have to have a little visit over there! How do you find it stands up to stiletto heels etc?

I didn't fit it myself as me and Husband are both rubbish at doing stuff like that - I'd end up cutting it the wrong way and he'd end up laying it upside down :o :D

No problem with stiletto's so far - my chunky soles leave black marks but they just rub off again with the sole of my shoe. I've dropped everything on it at some point over the last year and it's fine. I do clear spills up immediately though.....if you left them for a while it might not be so good

My room needed 4meters x 3meters (because it's not square) and it cost me about £120 and £40 to fit it :D

Trin
xx

Sassy Hassy said:
Well I was going to suggest laminate because it is so hard wearing, and they do it in a tile design that really look like tiling, but don't have the coldness of tiles. However Trin, having read your post I think I will look at lino for my floor as that is miles cheaper. Did you fit it yourself or did they do it for you. Think I shall have to have a little visit over there! How do you find it stands up to stiletto heels etc?

Hi Sassy, just to add my lino is fab its a gorgeous silver and lilac to match my room, and i have no problem with stilettos on it, if it does leave a dent i tend to find it disappears after a while x

Hi,

I read about your flooring problem and wanted to tell you about our products. We have several floor tiles that can add beauty, warmth and durability to your salon floor. The tiles are made of different materials depending upon the finish that you select, but they are all chemical resistant... even to acetone.

You can e-mail me at [email protected]

The website is sparse when it comes to the types of floors we make, but you are welcome to visit it at Illusion Tile.

Where is your salon?

Don

ive been trying to decide what to put on my salon floor but not sure what is best,
the room is quite cold so didnt want something that attracts the cold, im worried about carpet as it will be ruined if something gets spilt on it, ceramic is to cold, i hate laminate, i did find some vinyl tiles that were ok ish, they were described as vertualy indistructable as they were made from some special resin, when i asked the guy about acetone he said it wouldnt effect the tile but i asked him to check with the manufactorer, now ive had a call to say the tile desintegrated with acetone ( indistructable to anyone except us super strong nail techs with a loaded bottle of acetone lol)
what does everyone else have on there salon floors? and have you had any problems with it?

The e-mail to me is [email protected]

Sorry.

Here is a picture I took at one of our trade shows yesterday. You may like this floor style.

Latest posts

Back