Salon from home

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prudence.g

Reaction score
So ive had to sell up my business 3 years ago due to having a little bubbas and 2 more since but am looking into just working from from home. I don't want ppl in the house or out the back. I looked into a shipping container at the front but I feel like that would just be an eyesore...I was thinking just add a room on the side of the house between the house and the side fence made from cool room panels. Can ppl send me ideas and pictures of what they have done?
Ps. The attachment doesn't allow the clients to go into the house at all.

Last edited:
I don't really like going to the home beauty salon. You can rent a small room or build a separate building just for your salon.
Yes ofcourse, it's always more professional from a shop. I had a salon for 3 years and was still very expensive. With no overheads at home it is much more ideal and alot of clients will still come to a home business in our area. Plus I still have an 8 month old at home to keep an eye on and is easier for my mum to come over and help. That's the reason.

I go to a lady who has a cabin in the garden, it’s lovely and cozy, needs a heater in winter though but I love the heated blanket she uses, I actually prefer that to a shop as feel it’s more personal, she’s split it into two rooms, so has a bigger one with bed and nail desk and smaller one with sink and does spray tans there or could use as waiting room area? Just an idea

I go to a lady who has a cabin in the garden, it’s lovely and cozy, needs a heater in winter though but I love the heated blanket she uses, I actually prefer that to a shop as feel it’s more personal, she’s split it into two rooms, so has a bigger one with bed and nail desk and smaller one with sink and does spray tans there or could use as waiting room area? Just an idea
Yep this is what I'm looking for. Too bad you don't have photos of her setup hehe. I'd love to just have a path from the front to a secret door on the side of the house that has like 2 rooms and a couple of chairs for waiting. I'd do lashes and Waxing in 1 room and like a small booth for spraying

Hi I left the salon I worked for during the pandemic and have now set up from home. I had a treatment room built in my garden, access through my side gate so no one goes into the home. I’m very happy with it. I have an infra red panel for hearing which doubles as a mirror and use a heated under blanket for massage and facials. This works well and so far all clients really enjoy the space.

Attachments

• 9D5C997E-4877-4EEB-B8EE-B1CB97389C19.jpeg
    9D5C997E-4877-4EEB-B8EE-B1CB97389C19.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Yes ofcourse, it's always more professional from a shop. I had a salon for 3 years and was still very expensive. With no overheads at home it is much more ideal and alot of clients will still come to a home business in our area. Plus I still have an 8 month old at home to keep an eye on and is easier for my mum to come over and help. That's the reason.

Latest posts

Back