Salon Geek not what it used to be

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I didn't find missy muffin to be rude. . But that's probably because I understand her 'humour'. I sure didn't feel it deserved a ban. She was entertaining and not in a nasty way. .. but that's just me.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm sorry that I did but we have both buried that and moved on. I didn't know her humour so didn't see it as funny but then I have never talked with her in a post as such so it's a lesson to all to be careful with how we interact with others xx

💕💅 Keep calm and make 'em Gelish 💅💕

Interesting reading .

Maybe everyone should just stop and think a little before they post a 'clever ' reply . We are all different and the written word can be misconstrued so many ways .

There are quite a few that make a joke out of everything and i for one find that becomes rather boring . I have a great sense of humor but when someone asks a genuine question asking for help that person deserves a correct not clever response

It will do us all well to realise that there are many different personalities and also importantly many different ages

What seems funny to one does not to another and what appears to be gentle ribbing can come across as p..s taking

Again just think a little before you post and try to treat EVERYONE with respect then we will all get along and SG will be again a nice place to come and ask for advice

I posted a question yesterday and stated 'no jokey answers ' . I was really pleased to see that all the answers were really helpful, polite and well thought out :)

x

I'll take that as a compliment I think......

The way I come across is actual me working hard on no saying 'are you f***king joking me, how have you even got a qualification- step away from the chemicals and find another career'.

Also I don't have the afford or passion to criticise other peoples personalities- just their technical abilities :)

It was a compliment so please take it as such. I am not critiquing you as a person, just the way you write lol. I imagine you taking a big sigh, cocking your head, rolling your eyes and hands on hips as you are replying lol.
I honestly mean that as light hearted banter, please don't take offence.
People are the way they are and you juzt have to accept that. Some are assertive- which can come across as rude when in writing, some are insecure, some sarcastic, some funny, some neurotic, some bossy.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I could see it was a misplaced joke, I definitely do not think she deserved a ban and I recieved 4 points for trying to say it was a joke and that the OP should just let it go and move on since she had revieved an apology :-(

She carried on with it for long enough, a simple apology in the first place would have ended the thread 3 pages earlier.
Also, I believe you should get your facts straight because once she apologised, I accepted and we drew a line.
I didn't report her and didn't ask for a ban, so lesson learnt for people to be a little more mindful of what they say to people they don't know.

Interesting reading .

Maybe everyone should just stop and think a little before they post a 'clever ' reply . We are all different and the written word can be misconstrued so many ways .

There are quite a few that make a joke out of everything and i for one find that becomes rather boring . I have a great sense of humor but when someone asks a genuine question asking for help that person deserves a correct not clever response

It will do us all well to realise that there are many different personalities and also importantly many different ages

What seems funny to one does not to another and what appears to be gentle ribbing can come across as p..s taking

Again just think a little before you post and try to treat EVERYONE with respect then we will all get along and SG will be again a nice place to come and ask for advice

I posted a question yesterday and stated 'no jokey answers ' . I was really pleased to see that all the answers were really helpful, polite and well thought out :)

x

Well spoken and hit the nail on the head, how proud I am to share a similar name 😊💕

I imagine you taking a big sigh, cocking your head, rolling your eyes and hands on hips as you are replying lol.

Nothing as exciting as that I'm afraid, I lack empathy, massively, to the point I don't have any. So I find it easy to type away, no need for any amateur dramatics. I also like to punctuate. Adds a sharp punch I find. Lol.

Nothing as exciting as that I'm afraid, I lack empathy, massively, to the point I don't have any. So I find it easy to type away, no need for any amateur dramatics. I also like to punctuate. Adds a sharp punch I find. Lol.

I may try this punctuation malarkey one day.

When I first found salon geek, I found some really good advice and interesting posts. Now I just see the same pointless questions over and over again.

'Where can I buy a foot stool for pedicures'
'What other course can I do similar to HD Brows, but without the price tag?'
'Why are my clients nails lifting, I'm perfect and do everything how I should'
'Why has my client got a rash after waxing'

People seem to have lost their common sense. I don't even really go into nails or skin anymore. I tend to just hang around in chit chat. I find people in there have more of a sense of humour.

I must admit, I don't suffer fools gladly, and I don't have much time for sensitive Sally's. sorry, not sorry.

I might take up doing extensions, I know the ins and outs of all suppliers (and what knickers they wear). How to fit, how to remove. And answer every question with 'what aftercare are you using?.

I might take up doing extensions, I know the ins and outs of all suppliers (and what knickers they wear). How to fit, how to remove. And answer every question with 'what aftercare are you using?.

It's ALLLLLLWAYS the aftercare!!! Lol

Someone else has passed their eyes over my work, now I can't rectify or even speak to you.

Haha you lot make me laugh :)

Level 1: 'The Enthusiastic Geek' "he he ;) xoxo"

Level 2: 'The Mature Geek' "use the search function...yawn"

Level 3: 'The Cynical Miserable Old Geek' "It's not how it used to be, darn kids with their hair extensions"

Bonus Moderation Round: This thread has been closed. Go home kids, nothing to see here...

Haha you lot make me laugh :)

Level 1: 'The Enthusiastic Geek' "he he ;) xoxo"

Level 2: 'The Mature Geek' "use the search function...yawn"

Level 3: 'The Cynical Miserable Old Geek' "It's not how it used to be, darn kids with their hair extensions"

Bonus Moderation Round: This thread has been closed. Go home kids, nothing to see here...

Brilliant!

You just called me mature and old in one post!

You just called me mature and old in one post!

Haha you must have been here too long then ;p

Oh no...is missy muffin no longer with us? When did that happen? Can she ever come back?

Haha! I found you!!! 😊 xx

Oh no...is missy muffin no longer with us? When did that happen? Can she ever come back?

Yesterday I think hun. We aren't sure if it's a 3 day type ban or permanent :( x

Sent from the catphone

Yesterday I think hun. We aren't sure if it's a 3 day type ban or permanent :( x

Sent from the catphone

Oh right! That's a shame. Hopefully the short type of ban.

A lesson to all (myself included) what happens when we don't respect each other and treat people as we wish to be treated x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back