Salon Geek not what it used to be

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Respect is gained, not expected. It generally has to be earnt unless it is unconditional as in elders or parents.

Being polite is just common decency.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

In the beginning I would frequent the skin forum but now days there's the occasional thing that would interest me. I now enjoy this site for relaxation and that means chit chat! I have gotten to know the girls and they are a great bunch! You have to "get" the humour! When you do you will see that none of them are intent in upsetting anyone! When I've had a tough day, I know I can rely on someone on here to make me laugh out loud! :lol:
I sure hope I haven't upset any of you! If I have I would like to know! :wink2:

Respect is gained, not expected. It generally has to be earnt unless it is unconditional as in elders or parents.

Being polite is just common decency.

Respect is earned, and everyone should respect each other as a common decency. Respect your fellow man. We should also be mindful of how we are to each other. The ban shows what happens when these things aren't observed.
Politeness wasn't shown either yesterday so either way...

💕💅 Keep calm and make 'em Gelish 💅💕

A lesson to all (myself included) what happens when we don't respect each other and treat people as we wish to be treated x

Personally, i don't think missy was disrespectful to you. I certainly dont think she deserved to be banned. I'm not directing this at you, but i think some people need to find a sense of humor. Maybe i expect to much of the human species, but i don't think its that hard to differentiate rudeness, with a bit of lighthearted sarcasm/banter. I don't really need to know someones personality to be able to tell the difference between the two.

Respect is earned, and everyone should respect each other as a common decency. Respect your fellow man. We should also be mindful of how we are to each other. The ban shows what happens when these things aren't observed.
Politeness wasn't shown either yesterday so either way...

I'm not talking about yesterday, just in general. I wasn't involved in your disagreements... and I'm sure we'll agree to disagree the meaning and ways of gaining respect ..lol.

Last edited:
I'm not taking about yesterday, just in general. I wasn't involved in your disagreements... and I'm sure we'll agree to disagree the meaning and ways of gaining respect ..lol.

Ha, I'm sure :) x

Personally, i don't think missy was disrespectful to you. I certainly dont think she deserved to be banned. I'm not directing this at you, but i think some people need to find a sense of humor. Maybe i expect to much of the human species, but i don't think its that hard to differentiate rudeness, with a bit of lighthearted sarcasm/banter. I don't really need to know someones personality to be able to tell the difference between the two.

That may be the case, but I found her to be rude and made that known from the outset. She chose to carry on and make me out to be an idiot and she suffered the consequences. Whether you side with her or not, she blatantly broke rules and it was deemed enough to be banned by whoever banned her, so how you feel about it is a little irrelevant I am afraid. Feel free to contact a mod and complain if you don't agree but I didn't ask for her to be banned so not interested in hearing about it constantly. If she didn't like the post, she didn't need to comment and once I advised I found it rude, she should have just apologised and left it. She made her own choices.
We all interpret humour differently, we all interpret everything different. I found her post to be rude. If you are friends with her through this site and have a laugh then great but I didn't and I don't think you talk like that to people you don't know. I'm not bothered what anyone else thinks about it as it wasn't directed to them. I wouldn't expect anyone I didn't know to walk up to me and say that, just because it's a picture on a forum doesn't make it funny.
Sorry if you don't agree but it wasn't your post or your argument Hun

We don't need to turn it into a disagreement guys. Those that know missy understand her humour and find her entertaining, she will be missed, but I'm sure she will be back. It's just one of those things unfortunately.

We don't need to turn it into a disagreement guys. Those that know missy understand her humour and find her entertaining, she will be missed, but I'm sure she will be back. It's just one of those things unfortunately.

Get you Miss Mediator!

Get you Miss Mediator!

I can't bear the thought of another entertaining and fun geek to get a ban! I'll be alone before long or I'll suffer the same fate as missy.

Keep quiet. Lol.

I can't bear the thought of another entertaining and fun geek to get a ban! I'll be alone before long.

Keep quiet. Lol.

Haha. Noted.

I don't want a disagreement either, I am sure missy was the best thing since sliced bread to you all and under different circumstances, I would have had a good laugh with her.
But I am getting a little ticked off with people on my case about how humour should be taken, yada yada. At the end of the day I didn't find it funny and said so, she argued and so did I. She was belittling and did other things that higher authorities found reason to ban her on. End of.
I am tired of people commenting on it. I was offended by it. End of. Stop nitpicking and telling me how to respond to it. I don't know her and I jolly well didn't find it funny. End of. It's getting boring now, maybe start a petition if you are all that bothered but do stop telling me how I should take things and how I should have seen it. As I have commented above and numerous times, people should take a little longer before typing away and respect everyone and how they may feel about things. Lesson learnt.

I can't bear the thought of another entertaining and fun geek to get a ban! I'll be alone before long or I'll suffer the same fate as missy.

Keep quiet. Lol.

Then use her epic fail as an example of how not to conduct yourself instead of poking fun at it.

Interesting post. I've not been an SG member long and when I did a "hi I'm a newbie" post, although the responses were fantastic and welcoming (I asked people to state 5 facts about themselves as an icebreaker" I had A LOT of "warnings" too telling me to be prepared for drama. I'm not one to really be influenced by someone else's opinions so brushed it off but I have seen numerous amounts of slanging matches and it is quite off putting.

x HelloSORRISO x

I've closed this thread as it has headed south.

Regarding the topic "Salon Geek not what it used to be", I respectfully disagree. I have found more useful and helpful information here than any other place, including school.

I have much respect and admiration for the more knowledgeable geeks on here and try to help the newer, less experienced geeks.

I feel we should all treat each other with respect.

If you see something written that you don't agree with or find offensive, please hit the red report button and let a moderator take care of it. You don't have to reply to every post. If you think you are being singled out or picked on, report it and take the high road...ignore it. There's something to be said for taking the high road.

We're all professionals on this website, whether it be in hair, skin or nails. Let's all conduct ourselves in that manner.

Salon Geek is what we, as a community, make of it. Let's show respect for our fellow geeks, treat and reply to others how you would want to be treated/replied to and try to keep the digs/barbs/out of our conversations.

Here's looking at a bright SG future! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back