Salon Gold insurance, please read extensionists

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mercedeszelah

Reaction score
Hey
i have just been on the phone to salon gold and anyone who is insured with them and doesnt have a hairdressing qualification you are not actually insured.
I phoned them before i took out my policy and the lady told me because i had my nvq level 1 in hairdressing and i had done an extension course i could get insurance with them. I took out my policy and then the other day read on here that you arent insured unless you have at least an nvq level 2 you are not insured and this is right!!!!
Just wanted to let you all know

Same for me however they said they would insure me after emails back and forth 100 times. So I am not a hairdresser but I AM insured. Sorry if this contradicts everything anyone else has been told. I may have got my insurance at the point that they stopped insuring unless you were qualified so made an exception.

I have a note at home with another company that does insure non-hairdressing extensionists, I'll dig it out and post it on here incase anyone needs it! :)

Professional beauty direct and it's roughly £40-£60 per year x

I have professional beauty it was £49 for the year x

Yes Professional Beauty Insure Non-hairdressers in hair extensions and beauty providing you have certification from a accredited training school, you can email them for a list of them. It is £49 a year x

Not to gloat but... Told you so :)

Had a phone call back from them and I am insured as I have a Nvq level 2 in nails!! So am covered for extensions strange.

What??? That Doesn't make any sense at all.

I'm just glad I am insured

Ive been speaking to them too and im also insured! I have a professional qualification with my degree (totally unrelated to hair!) and they said they insured me because of this lol.

They said they would ensure me without a hairdressing qualification purely because I trained with a habia approved course, they did say no to start with and I did need to sent a copy of my certificate to them.

There has been a lot of confusion in the industry recently concerning insurance for hair extensionists.

We have been working with our insurers over the past weeks to seek some clarity on the subject.

We are pleased to confirm that we are now able to insure hair extensionists without a hair or beauty qualification providing they have completed a UK recognised hair extension course. The course must be accredited by a UK body and we are unable to accept distance learning or correspondence type courses.

We hope this now clarifies our position on the subject.

Our Salon Gold Freelance insurance is available to buy online at http://www.salongold.co.uk or you can call 020 8655 0444 to speak to one of our advisors.

Regards

The Salon Gold Team

Last edited:
Thanks salon gold! That has cleared it all up nicely :)

ah brilliant i shall be giving you a call to sort mine out thanks x:)

Can I ask what UK body you mean as I trained with a company who were Habia CPD approved as Habia are not renewing ANY hair extension courses what other approving bodies are there in this field for non qualified hairdressers?? Many THanks

I have just renewed my policy with salon gold working from home and mine has worked out at £183 for the year.

Latest posts

Back