Salon hire for a few hours

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mstango

Reaction score
I have a client who would like to hire out space within my salon for Positivity workshop it. It would possibly be for about 4 hours or so does anyone hire salon space out. I have no idea what to charge her for this? Any help or idea of cost would be greatly appreciated thanks in advice

Strange to use a salon for something like that but that's up to them. Charge as much as you are happy with really. If they're selling this workshop they'll have a limit they're willing to pay. Maybe ask her budget?

Hiring a local village hall here in rural Somerset costs £30 for a half day which includes heating, lighting and kitchen facilities.
For a posher salon environment you should go higher than this. If in a town centre - go even higher.
Consider what loss of earnings it means for your business though .
Also- check your planning permission (if relevant to your premises) to make sure your not open out of permissible hours.

I have a client who would like to hire out space within my salon for Positivity workshop it. It would possibly be for about 4 hours or so does anyone hire salon space out. I have no idea what to charge her for this? Any help or idea of cost would be greatly appreciated thanks in advice

However much your most expensive hourly treatment is x 4hrs. Plus extra if she overruns.

You can’t lose money having her there and as far as she knows you would be using it, so she has to cover how much you could otherwise be earning in that room.

Then there’s all the clients she would gain if you advertised it to your clients, or how much business you’d lose if your clients went and it wasn’t good. How amazing your salon would look and clients you’d gain if she had a full workshop and introduced them to you, if you gave them all a voucher for 50% off first visit or something.

If it’s something you want to do say you want a free space on it for you and your team and call it a team building exercise.

It’s really what you feel comfortable with. If you are really confident and great with people I’d say sky’s the limit, you could make a lot of money out of it. If you err on the side of caution, then say it needs paying upfront and you need to know how many people will be there for safety.

Check out her website and see how much one person charges, then you will know how much she makes from a workshop. She could make £100s per person in which case your usual hourly rate for the room would be justified.

I'd say it depends on how big the space is for your salon! If it is a medium-large size, I can imagine $50 an hour or even more being a reasonable price! But again, please take my advice with a grain of salt! Also, if I may, what is the name of your salon? We should definitely connect!

Latest posts

Back