Salon in one of my bedrooms

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paige.xx

Reaction score
Hello lovelies! I have been qualified for 4 years but unfortunately have lost a few of my clients! I am trying to get them to come back to me as I am thinking about working from home in one of my rooms. I have spent a little bit of money on this room over the last week or so making it feel really nice for my customers. I just want to know what you have all done to get established at home? Thanks in advance. Any info would be great X

I lost my customers as I had to change my job as I didn't like the salon I was working from just to let everyone know x

It's all about word of mouth in my opinion! That's how I have all my clients I'm getting more and more every week but it has taken 4 years. social media is brilliant for me anyway, flyer your local area and let people know that you are there! Posting photos online helps too so people know you are not doing it in your living room or bedroom. Here's my home salon xx (it has changed now slightly and my certificates are up but you get the idea)
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1460993825.415412.jpg

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1460993877.399596.jpg

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1460993921.003528.jpg

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1460993949.429343.jpg

Also make it clean, friendly and welcoming so they know they are going to get a professional service xx

Oh that looks lovely!! I have decorated one of my bedrooms and have tried to make it as salony as possible however, it's still not a salon is it? I have spoke to my current clients and they are happy with how I do their hair & they still feel they get the same service as they did at the salon, I've just tried to make it feel more like they are at a salon rather than in one of my bedrooms. I've worked really hard to get my clientele & then I lost a few as they didn't like the salon I was working at unfortunately they didn't feel welcome so I'm trying so hard to get them back! Thank you for your advice, your room looks amazing!!! X

I'm in Australia so I'm not sure if it's the same as the uk but I have spent a lot of time and money doing everything 'by the book'. I've had to apply to the council, many forms, applications, health and safety etc, also public liability insurance.
But I wanted to do this so I could advertise as much as possible, flyers, Facebook etc, without having someone come knocking on my door! Also a proper basin plumbed in (again, council regulations) and making the room as welcoming as possible. Good luck! X

Thank you! Yes it sounds about the same. I have spent some money on the room but it can be used as something else too if that makes sense, I am going to ring my council tomorrow and see what they say, I looked into it around 2 years ago and they said I would be OK because I have a large drive so there wouldn't be any issues with parking, etc. But I'm going to finally get the ball rolling & see what they say, insurance is the next thing on my list after the council. Thank you again xx

Latest posts

Back