salon is on a noisy road!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicki-Marie

Reaction score
My salon is on a main busy road, now the building is quite old, and the windows are as you would imagine ... old! they are sturdy and safe, but boy they are not sound proof. Its doubtful my landlord will put in double glazing and even if he did, im pretty sure my rent would be raised. (I have 5 windows in the salon and im in a building of 3 floors with lots of windows.)

Is there something I could do to make my beauty room more sound proof, im thinking of something on the windows or some kind of seal. obviously i dont want to seal them shut. Any ideas? xx

Nicki you have such a lovely salon (oh I am jealous! :green: ) and very professional. It is a pity that the noise from the main road is intruding. I will ask my hubby if he can make any suggestions.

You could definitely try draught proofing tape and also, I don't know if this is at all practical in terms of style or lighting but heavy curtains can absorb a lot of noise. I expect you already play music? For relaxing treatments relaxing music is obviously appropriate but when you are waxing and doing nails etc you could just have the radio on?

Have you been there long? Just thinking, when summer comes around again, you will need to open those windows. Even if you had double glazing you would need to open them and let the noise in, in the summer, unless you have aircon.

I work from home and I used to live opposite a parade of shops and in the evenings yobs would hang around making noise, and in the daytime buses would pull up and their brakes would screech. I wasn't happy about it and I ended up moving. (Well, there were other reasons too but the noise definitely contributed.)

If all else fails, turn the spa musak up a notch or 2! I have the same thing as my salon is on a busy main road and when it's quiet the traffic noise can be mind numbing, especially the beep beep of the pedestrian crossing!

Nicki you have such a lovely salon (oh I am jealous! :green: ) and very professional. It is a pity that the noise from the main road is intruding. I will ask my hubby if he can make any suggestions.

Oh thankyou hun :hug: A few minor changes here and there and i will be perfectly happy :) Im such a fuss pot!

Ive been there two years this christmas. In the summer i open the windows in my reception. I have a fear of spiders crawling in! My goodness there are some big spiders hanging outside my salon windows at the moment. I never open the beauty room windows in the fear of them paying me a visit.

The hospital is on the same road that im on so i get the sound of the air ambulance and the ambulance sirens. No one has ever complained and i do when i can turn the music up, without it being loud. I just often listen when its quiet and im doing a relaxing treatment i slightly cringe for my clients when hearing the noises.

maybe it's time for a salon make-over?.......heavy fabrics ( like velvet) and window coverings ......(shades/ drapes).....as well as over sized furniture (big chairs ) help cut down on noise......

I have the same problem. My treatment room is right next door to an electric gate. Every time a car goes in and out we have to listen to the thumping music and the saound of this gate opening and closing. Plus we are near a working man's tapas bar and they have looong lunch breaks here, so we have to put up with the sound of them yattering on as they walk past - Spanish people just don't do quiet!!!

why not invest in a radio/cd player....you dont have to have it up loud but it could drown out the noise of traffic hun xxx

Latest posts

Back