Salon Lighting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What light is best

• Daylight bulb

Votes: 33 68.8%
  • Halogen

Votes: 12 25.0%
  • fluorescent strip

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • any old light I found lying around

Votes: 1 2.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

naturalnails

Legend
Reaction score
I currently have an anglepoise light on my desk with a daylight bulb in it. It is very large and "in your face". I would like to know what everyone else uses and the pros and cons of the different types of light - halogen, daylight, fluorescent etc.

I have 9 halogen spotlights on the roof beams so I really only nead something for the close up.

Let me know what you think.

Hi..I'm mobile and needed a flexible yet lightweight lamp to guide the way & I ended up purchasing from Ikea of all places for my needs. Its halogen and I am happy with the luminessence it gives.

As your are not mobile whey not consider a light that is on a spring like coil suspended from you roof that you can lower and raise as required :?: My mum has something very similar in her kitchen and when she needs more light she pulls the bar and lowers the light & does the same to raise when she done...

Hope this helps in some way :)

Hi
You all probably know this, but apparantly according to the lady who taught me halegen bulbs and gel arent compatable! It can set your gel app!
We had halogen desk lamps and had to change them. I dont know about other systems though.
I hope this info is right. Or i will be a bit :o

Hiya,

I use a normal lamp which clips to the edge of my desk, it has like a long arm which is good cause i can move it back and forth as i need it!

I know exactly what you mean Fiona about the "daylight" lamps....they are a bit obtrusive. I must admit because space is of the essence for me....I opted for a halogen desk lamp. The main reason for this was that it gives off adequate light and it looks modern smart and within keeping with my salon decor...it is also quite neat and small.
BUT......after the previous post by Tracey (LittleAngel) Im wondering if I should review my choice?
I must admit I had never heard till now about halogen bulbs and gel! :o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back