Salon logos etc?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rarity82

Reaction score
Does anyone know of any free apps, websites where you can make your own salon logos, avatar, pictures etc, for business cards, treatment lists. Anyones i have found keep a watermark on them unless you pay to download them but I see lots of local salons all with really nice branding & don't think they have all been done professionally. Thanks :)

I think you'll find most use professionals as it really isn't expensive. If you do find anything for free, chances are you aren't licensed to use it and you'd be breaking copyright.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1424620373.660830.jpg I make mind on Moldiv app

Thanks! Yeah i wasn't too sure about the copyright thing but remember seeing a few places with similar branding so assumed they just used a template of some sort.

Never tried Moldiv before, thanks ill give it a try :)

I would definatley recommend seeking out a professional there's a big difference between what you can access for free online to what they can do 😊 x

Use freelancer.co.uk

Just put in a £10 bid and get someone to make it all for u :)

Obviously you get what you pay for and there is a difference at each level from diy - logo generators such as withoomph - stock/template logo shops such as on Etsy or CreativeMarket - paying someone from Fiverr or similar and getting a custom logo made professionally. Of course if you are just getting started maybe it's not the right time to invest in anything custom, or maybe it is depending on your goals. Make sure you get a scaleable vector/eps file of your logo whichever route you choose, you will likely need it in the longrun (for example a physical shop signage).

For other design items you mentioned, you could take a look at Canva, it has templates that you can tweak to customise and add your own images etc.

You need to contact Carl from Verve designs, he's awesome he's very popular amongst us professionals, he offers a full service logo design for £25 or of you fancy a bargain he offers 'off the shelf' logos that can be tweaked to suit your tastes for £15 plus he can transform your facebook page with eye catching Eflyers that can be used for all types of business marketing.. www.facebook.com/VerveDesigns

I think you'll find most use professionals as it really isn't expensive. If you do find anything for free, chances are you aren't licensed to use it and you'd be breaking copyright.

Agreed! I used Ebay before and only paid £20-£25 for someone to do a few drawings and they were happy enough to tweek the design until I was happy. Well worth the money. you could even send them your ideas to work from.

You need to contact Carl from Verve designs, he's awesome he's very popular amongst us professionals, he offers a full service logo design for £25 or of you fancy a bargain he offers 'off the shelf' logos that can be tweaked to suit your tastes for £15 plus he can transform your facebook page with eye catching Eflyers that can be used for all types of business marketing.. www.facebook.com/VerveDesigns

I just invited most of my business friends to this site. Very talented and great pricing.

My daughter was trained in digital art and design and created my logo and other design work. Therefore I appreciate that some of us will benefit from family and friends with talents that can help us along the way. For those not so fortunate, it really helps to find people like Carl from Verve or other more local talented professionals just looking for a break and to put their skills on their CV or portfolio, who are not only talented, but also not ripoff merchants.

It's the fame that goes to the name most times with nothing much inbetween.

Freelancer.co.uk.

Just put a £10 bid in for one

Thanks for the recommends- much appreciated.

Just be a little careful with sites such as fiverr and other freelancing sites that you're not being given either recycled or, much more seriously, illegal fonts and vector images (as hinted at by Banner Penguin up there.)

A lot (but not all by any means) of the "designers" are based in India or the Far East where copyright doesn't exist. That means they can use illegal, non-licensed images in a design.

If they've used illegal images (or indeed have used another designers work, which sadly happens a lot) YOU will be breaking the law. Not the designer.

In my opinion, and of course I'm biased here, you're a lot safer (and quite frankly will get a better result) using a recommended design company (and there's a lot of us out there) who you can ask questions of about image and font licencing.

To use an analogy in your world, in many cases it's a lot like a Chinese chop-shop doing your nails AND using knock-off stuff off Ebay.

Thanks for the recommends- much appreciated.

Just be a little careful with sites such as fiverr and other freelancing sites that you're not being given either recycled or, much more seriously, illegal fonts and vector images (as hinted at by Banner Penguin up there.)

A lot (but not all by any means) of the "designers" are based in India or the Far East where copyright doesn't exist. That means they can use illegal, non-licensed images in a design.

If they've used illegal images (or indeed have used another designers work, which sadly happens a lot) YOU will be breaking the law. Not the designer.

In my opinion, and of course I'm biased here, you're a lot safer (and quite frankly will get a better result) using a recommended design company (and there's a lot of us out there) who you can ask questions of about image and font licencing.

To use an analogy in your world, in many cases it's a lot like a Chinese chop-shop doing your nails AND using knock-off stuff off Ebay.

Great advice.

I know a bit about this through my daughter, whom I mentioned earlier.

She is in the filming industry now, but to use anything at all like music, lyrics, images, photographs, fonts etc....it's like stepping on a minefield.

Best to keep yourself right. It's okay perhaps to use images as an example on your website for a short term period, but you really need to get everything that is copyrighted and licensed off your site ASAP, unless you want sued. More so if you drive more traffic to your site and become more well known.

Certainly on the www.peopleperhour.com site you can specify requirements, including whether you want someone local, national or international.
You can request copies of their other work and most, in my experience, have their own websites they can refer you on to. You can also read recommendations from other people that have used them (these are available widely).

I used to be listed on freelance sites (different business) and so can verify that certainly a lot of the UK businesses are simply freelancers who work from home and so don't have the same overhead as others. It's also a good way of new businesses building up their client base.

Don't write them off, there's some real talent on there!

Latest posts

Back