Salon master heater in your salon?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dawncbn

Reaction score
Hi does anybody have a salon master heater in the salon? I have inherited a huge one in my salon, which would be great if I had 10 washbasins and was as busy as Nicky clarke!! but this beast seems to eat my electric bills. Any comments on these would be good please. I have thought of just installing electric showers for the basins but the water is needed for the beauty room, staff room and the odd occasion for the shower in second beauty room.

Does anybody have a salonmaster ?

Hi i've not long installed a salon master and taken showers out. Do you know which one you actually have as mine is huge aswell but is the recommended one for my usage of 3 backwashes. Its the size that makes the thing work. I di d it for profesionalism i think it looks better to have hot running water than a shower, which also cost lots to run and will also use more water as they have to heat up first. Salon master reckonned i would save loads of electric by taking my showers out, this wasn't really the selling point but the view of constant hot water etc. Is yours set up on timers etc ? Also how do you know it is the salon master eating up the electric, i haven't been able to compare electric bills but i have also added lots of lights to my salon so i won't really know if it has worked - unless my bill oges down of course ? If you have any specific questions then ask away.

Hi i've not long installed a salon master and taken showers out. Do you know which one you actually have as mine is huge aswell but is the recommended one for my usage of 3 backwashes. Its the size that makes the thing work. I di d it for profesionalism i think it looks better to have hot running water than a shower, which also cost lots to run and will also use more water as they have to heat up first. Salon master reckonned i would save loads of electric by taking my showers out, this wasn't really the selling point but the view of constant hot water etc. Is yours set up on timers etc ? Also how do you know it is the salon master eating up the electric, i haven't been able to compare electric bills but i have also added lots of lights to my salon so i won't really know if it has worked - unless my bill oges down of course ? If you have any specific questions then ask away.

Well I added lots of downlighters too when i did the refurb. I could not believe the size of my bills compared to my last two salon, Higer electric costs aside, it still doesn't add up.
So I spent £66 on energy saving downlighters last month. I spoke to salonmaster and they said that if I spent £10 on changing the sprinkler things on my shower heads then that would save me loads of money. I bought them and guess what? the water sprays everywhere, so when you do get the right temprature turn off between washes, it takes ages to get the temp right again, so the girls where leaving the taps running to do the whole wash and conditioner. So that was false economy as the water wastage was huge along with using more hot water!!!! So I am at a loss.

My previous salon I used a good electric shower, it was hidden behind the sink and I changed the typical bathroom shower head and hose to the ones that you expect to see in a professional salon basin. So that is what I| am thinking of doing again.

I too changed my head to the 'top hats' as suggested by salon master but don't get the spray everywhere - unless they turn the water up too high but they just turn it down. Having spoken to salon master they were really helpful so may be worth putting a call in as they have probably come up against this issue and will be able to offer some advice.

Latest posts

Back