Salon opening times

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fraggleann

Reaction score
Hello

What are your salon opening times?

I currently open
9am - 8pm Wed Thurs Fri,
9am - 3pm Friday Saturday
closed Tuesdays and Sundays.

I ask this question as I have sent out a client survey and the replys are saying my opening hours are poor. It is a small salon in the countryside and I am the only staff member at present.

Thanks in advance

I think 3pm on a Fri & Sat is quite early tbh! I understand that you dont want to do all late nights but these are some of my busiest days.

How about earlier finush through the week & slightly longer days fri & sat? Xx

I should have stated I have other commitments Fridays & Saturdays and unable to be at the salon later.

The salon I work in is open 9-5 on a Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday; 10-8 on a Thursday and 8.30 - 5 on a Saturday. We're not open every Tuesdaĺy either.

My salon hours are
Sunday closed
Monday closed
Tuesday 9-5
Wednesday 10-6
Thursday 10-8
Friday 9-5
Saturday 9-3

Two days off flip hell I am in the wrong country !

Hello

What are your salon opening times?

I currently open
9am - 8pm Wed Thurs Fri,
9am - 3pm Friday Saturday
closed Tuesdays and Sundays.

I ask this question as I have sent out a client survey and the replys are saying my opening hours are poor. It is a small salon in the countryside and I am the only staff member at present.

Thanks in advance

Well ideally wouldn't our clients like us to be open 24/7? They all want to pick and choose their time and call the shots, in their ideal world[emoji6]

The point is, your hours suit you and as the sole worker/owner then that's how it has to be unless you're thinking of taking someone on? Maybe that's what prompted the survey?

As long as you're busy when you ARE open and it's enough for what you want, I'd say that's ok [emoji4]

(For what it's worth, my Facebook page says I'm open 9am-9pm Monday to Friday. Well, as I work from home, it's true I'm available between those times but there's no way I work 12
hours a day 5 days a week! )

I work from home so I'm available:

Monday's and Thursday's 8-8pm
Tues, Wed, Friday 9-3pm

I generally need to work 30 hours a week to fit in my work load - during the school holidays this has been split in to 2x12 hour days and 1x6 hour day.

I guess that's the luxury of not having to look 'open' because no one is any the wiser, they can't just walk in.

However, it's your business to run how you like, I think your hours are perfectly okay, I would say 2 late nights a week would be more than suffice.

Tues 10-10
Wed 10-3
Thurs 10-10
Fri 10-5
Sat 10-5

On my 2 late nights I have a break at 5pm for dinner and to drop my kids off at their sports classes.

I often start at 9am on a Thursday and Friday as it's easier for mums to come straight here after the school run.

If your hours suit you that's what matters really. I think they sound fine.

I work from home and rent a room in a salon so my hours are

Monday home 10-6.
Tuesday salon 10-2, home 3-6.
Wednesday salon 10-6.
Thursday home 10-3, salon 4-9.
Friday home 10-6.

I don't advertise wknds or late nights at home but will do them as requested. Having wknds off is fabulous after working them forever. I have time to visit my family who don't live near me x

I wonder if it's kind of different depending on your town etc?
I do weds & thursdays 9-late
And Friday 9-4.
I used to work in a hair salon and Tuesday's and Saturdays were dead for me so I work 3 days.
Older people seem to have a problem with this "oh you're only open 3 days"
I say "yes but I work later on two of them"
it's still more hours than part time and I make more money in 3 days (& more importantly enough to pay my bills) than employed people do doing mon-fri 9-5.
It's brilliant being self employed but some people hate it if you don't do what they think you should......
Sorry I don't want to travel 10 miles to my salon for a brow wax on a day I don't work! Working later 2 days means ladies can come in after work which they love, otherwise they wouldn't ever get in.

I think people will always complain no matter how many hours you're open. I used to be open Tuesdays, they were always dead so I decided to close. All of a sudden people were in an outrage, they wanted to book Tuesdays. So I reopened the day and guess what? No bookings or not enough to be worth it. They just wanted to complain.

I have a shop space and my opening hours are the following (I also work alone right now):

Sunday, Monday and Tuesday closed
Wednesday and Thursday 10am-6pm
Fridays 10am-8pm
Saturdays 9am-1pm.

I find these are perfect for myself and my clients. Finishing early on Saturday means more time for family and friends since everyone is busy during the week.

I now do online booking as even after I'd finished sometimes at 11pm I still had record cards to update and messages to deal with. The messages could go on forever so now I have an automated reply to say if you'd like to book an appointment please use my online service.

I should have stated I have other commitments Fridays & Saturdays and unable to be at the salon later.
See what happened there, someone who doesn't use your business commented on the Friday finish being too early, it's only an observation but your clients won't know you have commitments (nor do they care most of the time they think we should live at the salon lol) the recurring comments on opening hours are most likely about that, I'm open 9.30 - 5pm mon, tues, thurs & fri, closed Wednesday & 8.30 to 3 on Saturday, I do not budge from these times to please anyone, I think your open late enough on the other days so just ignore them X

We do
Tue 9-5
Wed 10-8
Thur 10-8
Fri 9-6
Sat 9-5'
I've just stopped working Tuesday's but the shop is still open and the girls are there

What's every one doing this year at Christmas ? I'm not sure which day to come back on xx

What's every one doing this year at Christmas ? I'm not sure which day to come back on xx

Yes I've got some Christmas bookings in now so this is def something to think about! (As horrendous as that seems!)[emoji37]

I'm not working Christmas Eve as in our family, that's a fun/singing/mince pie making day [emoji14]

I'll probably do 1 or 2 days between Christmas and New Year, then back on 3rd or 4th I think as there's a bank holiday or two because of Xmas /new year being a Sunday

This year I'll be cooking and hosting Christmas Eve dinner so I have taken Saturday December 24th off and will be coming back on the 4th of January. I was going to do the 11th of january but find this would be too long of a break :p

I have decided to have Christmas Eve off this year again as o did it for the first time last year and felt I could really enjoy Christmas [emoji5]️

I don't do Christmas Eve , will prob work 1 - 2 days between Xmas and new year and back to work Tuesday 3td !

Latest posts

Back