Salon opens on Saturday! really excited!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonjovirock4eva

Reaction score
hi guys well ive finally done it!
the salon opens on saturday! its upstairs above a hairdressers in the town centre and the rent is a steal!!
went shopping yesterday and have everything i need now! the sunbed comes out of the room in about an hour and then im going to start decorating im so excited but really scared because the salon is upstairs how will people know im there? i cant use the downstairs windows but thought about putting a board outside? im advertising everywhere but a little worried that im going to be overlooked any ideas would be great??? xxxx

Oh i'm so excited for you! I wish you lots and lots of luck.

I have no advice really but if it were me I would drop some flyers into local businesses, play groups, schools etc., giving an introductory offer... perhaps a free mini cuticle oil or something with a treatment?

I'll have my fingers crossed for you and don't forget to let us see some pics when you're ready to go.... :hug:

A nail salon in my city is above a taxi rank, she has a window decal up there on the first floor. I'd just say make it something really bold so it draws peoples eyes up. That's alongside what Gilly T said.

Good luck hun, I'm soooo jealous!

good luck with your new venture, sure you'll be ok! I opened my first salon 2 weeks ago and its gone great, to get your name out there, i'd recommend gettin a few thousand a5 leaflets posted (with say a 25% first booking discount offer) and post them to local housing estates. I've posted about 500 of my 5000 leaflets and had at least 10 back in the space of a fortnight!!!

just wanted to say good luck hun, great advice from the others, just keep working at the advertising and you'll be fine, if it gets quite upstairs pop downsatirs offer free file and buff to get to meet people, get into the street and hand out fliers. keep at it, its hard work but sooo worth it to be doing what you love
well done xx

One of the first salons I ever worked in was above a hairdressers & we had no window display but were always busy. We had a sign on the wall at the bottom of the stairs with prices etc so people at the hairdressers could see it & when it was quiet we used to go downstairs & offer nail tidy & varnish to people waiting about. That with constant open days, flyers, word of mouth & so forth will build a business, but like all things it takes time as in months not days...patience, hard work & eternal insuppressable optimism is key!!

Good luck its really exciting. I have the same dilemma i have just started doing two days a week in a hair salon i am really enjoying it but i need a few more clients. The owner of the salon recommended i put a board up i think that's the way to go i am getting one soon. Let us know how you get on also if the girls in the salon come to you they will advertise for you i have had a few clients that way. x

Good luck with it all and dont worry. Put something very eyecatching in the window possibly get an led light, nights are dark so use this time to promote your business. check out my pics in my profile as I put vinyl on my windows and it is VERY eyecatching:eek:.
Get an a-board and also paper the town and get word of mouth going.

Good Luck! It's exciting setting up your own place :D

Ask the hairdresser's if they would mind you putting a leaflet on each of the hair stations, and in their reception area.
Get a board outside, they are worth the money. I've just got one. I've put a main poster in it, along with pictures of nails that i've done.

Good Luck with it, the first few weeks will be a complete whirlwind!
I work in a salon above a shop that has recently closed down which i thought would be a disaster as people assumed we were/had closed too!
We have an a-board though and luckily a sign on the side of our building which really catches people's attention, might be worth investing if you have that opportunity.
Otherwise, we are having our 2nd opening night in a couple of weeks, a relaunch after 6 months of being open, just incase people didnt get chance to come to the first one,something to bear in mind,as it jogs peoples memories that we are there.
I've also recently started paying for weekly adverts in the local newsagents and post office notice boards, you would be suprised by how many people take notice of them! And its a cheap way of advertising!

I wish you the best of luck ,i've enjoyed every minute of it inbetween the late nights and stress!

Wishing you every success with your new venture :hug:

Btw, some local councils get funny about "A" boards on their pavements, so it's worth checking this out with them, just to be sure.

Good luck hun, Im sure you will be fine x

thanks everyone! :)
its all starting to come together now I'm back there all day tomorrow putting furniture together and cleaning but its starting to look good! ill take some photos to show you all x the suggestions so far have been really great I'm gonna have a word with the owner and see what he suggests hes really nice an helpful so might agree to a few things x Ive got leaflets downstairs and has said i can come an sit in the hairdressers when I'm not busy thanks for the ideas guys keep em coming lol xxxxx:hug::hug::hug:

thanks everyone! :)
its all starting to come together now I'm back there all day tomorrow putting furniture together and cleaning but its starting to look good! ill take some photos to show you all x the suggestions so far have been really great I'm gonna have a word with the owner and see what he suggests hes really nice an helpful so might agree to a few things x Ive got leaflets downstairs and has said i can come an sit in the hairdressers when I'm not busy thanks for the ideas guys keep em coming lol xxxxx:hug::hug::hug:

Times getting close, hope it's going well. You getting nervous, or just plain excited? Someone already said something similar, but here in Norwich it's quite normal to see an A4 sized sign on the wall, showing prices and treatments, etc. If that happens around your way, is there anywhere on the wall outside, or even in the window of the hairdressers where you could do this? They are like a laminated page inside a nice photo frame. Just a thought.

BTW I tried to go to the website in your signature and I just get page cannot be displayed. Thought you should know. I was hoping for pics of your salon!:hug:

Hi,
Good luck wishes for your opening :hug: :hug:
Let us all know how the opening goes.
Lotsa luv x :hug: :hug:

Hi Laura, Good luck for saturday, i'll be thinking of you. Let us all know how it goes. Loadsa hugs, Jo.xxxx:hug:

hi Laura
Hope all goes well for you hun!! i opened my home salon last week had a brill 1st week but there was a gala in my area this week is dead,but kinda expected that! still going to be positive done a leaflet drop and hope it lets people know your here. Is it possible you could have an opening night and get it into the paper that way your local area will see it and know your there.:hug:

You could try getting a sign made and attaching it to the outside wall of the building on your level, it could be a solid piece or a flag with your salon name.

Congratulations and good luck with the salon!!!:)

Last edited by a moderator:
hi everyone ive posted the pics in my blog it went really really well im soooooooo tired though think its all finally catching up with me xxxxx

Great news!! just looked at your blog and the pics are great

Latest posts

Back