Salon Or Mobile

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi I'm a hair and nail salon owner and very busy nail tech and still keep my hand in with the hairdressing side. I want to know if anyone else has felt that couping with staff a binded and want to go alone.
I ve had my salon for eighteen years and age thirty seven.
Has anyone out there tryed doing nails travelling around in a motorhome or something like that with everthing set upinside so you drive to clients and you dont have to set up in there home.
I LOVE MY JOB CREATING NAILS BUT NEED LESS STRESS

MAYBE I M HAVING A BAD DAY

JACS

ps hope this make sence keyboard playing up.

If it helps I love being a one man band! I used to get a little lonely but now I have this site I can air all my probs to fellow geeks.

I recently hav just started getting fully book at least a week in advice, im so happy but very busy. Some ov my customers hav suggest me employing sum1 but I think it would b so difficult to find sum1 who would work similar to me and that I could trust 100%.
Good luck wiv your dilema!

I agree whole heartedly with the 'Keep it simple' strategy.

BUT I would keep it simple in a salon or home salon!! Maybe just a small salon and just me, but definitely a salon. Even renting space in someone elses salon.

Even with a fab. mobile van or whatever, in that situation one can only see a handful of customers in a day and in a salon in the right situation you can see so many more and make so much more per hour.

I would like to thank everyone for their wonderful responce.As a side note I would like to give a bio on myself.
I am married to a loving supportive wife(who's idea this was)Jennifer.Have two wonderful little girls,Veronica and Miranda. And i am a journeyman electrician in Wisconsin.It has been quite the journey from electrician to nail technician to salon owner of the first ever mobile licensed nail salon in the country. I gave up a very good job to start this and have had some difficult times with insurance,building clients, and business in general. We think we have solved the problem of too much traveling to clients by including business' in our basic marketing strategy.At our business' we average 12-14 clients per visit and soon hope to do more .Thanks again everyone NAILMAN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back