Salon owner advice needed for shrinking

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Littlelambs

Reaction score
Hi there,

I have a successful salon which I have had for 10 years. Just now I have 6 staff in my team. I just feel like I am no better off than I would be if I just went back to being a one man band. I have a large property which I now own so don’t have as much financial pressure and have always been motivated by growing my business but there is always someone sick, someone on maternity, wanting holidays at busy times etc! So I end up working to cover all this anyway and it’s hard work getting clients used to new therapists.

Basically just want to know if anyone has went back to being themselves after years of having staff? And were you better off mentally and financially?

I absolutely love and have such a passion for what I do! I don’t want to take a step back from treatments. some of these therapists have been with me for years but it’s business and not friendships at the end of there day and I have realised over the years that everyone is replaceable.

I rent out space also which works well which is probably why I am thinking of a change in direction.

Thanks ladies and gents x

Hi,
There's no reason for being ashamed of the possible idea of shrinking! Everyone in the industry does it! The question is, do you have other sources to generate the same income you got from being a big salon! Also, will it be possible to hire new staff or retrain them? These are some questions I'd definitely give a thought! Other than that good luck and let me know what you decide!

Latest posts

Back