Salon owner not a hairdresser!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donna66

Reaction score
Please can you tell me what the normal practice is in salons, when treating family and friends in a salon which employs the hairdressers.
I’ve no idea I’m not a hairdresser I’ve inherited a salon... don’t want to upset the staff team.

A set discount all round - although if they wanted to do models so use products where the whole team benefited from learning then maybe model prices

A set discount all round - although if they wanted to do models so use products where the whole team benefited from learning then maybe model prices
Thanks

What was the previous owners giving?

What?? You’re running a salon business, not a bar.
I would expect staff only to have a small discount on product prices and a free cut/colour etc. but I’d have a written policy so that they didn’t abuse it. Paying Clients get priority.
I certainly wouldn’t give any discounts to friends of the staff. That’s nuts.
If they want to do their friends cheaply, they can do them in their own time. The only time I’d allow this is if they were models for staff to practice on, then they’d get the service for free.

Latest posts

Back