Salon owners: best sites to advertise chair rentals?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bnc

Reaction score
As per title really.

I'm a beauty therapist taking on a salon (rental).
I've been let down by 2 of the 3 stylists that were due to come on board and now need to find replacements.

Where do you advertise to get the best responses?

Thanks in advance

Yours

Stressed!

Losing heart here. I've had 77 views on this, but no one has replied.

There must be some salon owners that can advise..?

I can't help you at al as I wouldn't know where to start, but thought is at least reply to bump your comment up? Sorry 😔
I have the fingertips center in my Facebook page & sometimes they put notifications up when salons are looking for staff etc - maybe if you gave them a call they could help you out?

Have you posted here in recruitment?

I don't know either, I was just curious too see replies.

Jemima :)

Try posting in the Recruitment section on here. Gumtree would be a good one as well. Are you on Facebook? If so, there should be local buy and sell groups, you could maybe post on them? The Guild have a Recruitment section as well. Might be worth looking into.

Hope this gives you a start :) x

Gumtree, Facebook, job centre?

However be careful with Gumtree as its £17.95 for a few days and you have to keep paying to bump it up, they also delete your ad for no known reason and you can't get hold of them easily.

Maybe try putting a poster up in your local hairdressing college.

An ad in the window/local paper aswell as those advised above x

Hi x

Hairandbeautyjobs.com

The Beauty guild website has a recruitment section

Job centre website is good

Indeed.co.uk

Thank you all for taking the time to reply. It's much appreciated.

I was going to go for the obvious ones like Gumtree, Guild and Jobcentre, but was after some feedback re sites that have brought great applicants and CVs so thanks for those responses too.

Lots to work with so far. Fingers crossed! :)

As my husband is a sign maker, I would say get a banner printer, take it down when the chairs filled, put it up again if they leave!

As my husband is a sign maker, I would say get a banner printer, take it down when the chairs filled, put it up again if they leave!

Seems a bit excessive? Buying a banner fair enough but a banner printer? Even a basic one would be a couple of grand. Plus material. £150 a roll depending on size. Eyelet machine £250. Finishing the hems and eyelets by hand... Seems like a bit of a waste to me...

You might get a few more responses if you posted this in the Hair forum.

Agree with Gumtree and an Advert in your window.

Seems a bit excessive? Buying a banner fair enough but a banner printer? Even a basic one would be a couple of grand. Plus material. £150 a roll depending on size. Eyelet machine £250. Finishing the hems and eyelets by hand... Seems like a bit of a waste to me...

Sorry, I meant to type get a banner printed, not get a banner printer, using my iPad it changed it.

Please note I wasn't trying to step on Your toes/flippers mr. Penguin.

My husbands banner printer cost £20k, software to run it another another £5k, i wouldn't have thought for one minute it would be a good idea to by a printer, though you seem to be paying too much for your banner rolls, he doesn't pay anywhere near those prices. Try to get a better deal by shopping around or buying in bulk!

Sorry, I meant to type get a banner printed, not get a banner printer, using my iPad it changed it.

Please note I wasn't trying to step on Your toes/flippers mr. Penguin.

My husbands banner printer cost £20k, software to run it another another £5k, i wouldn't have thought for one minute it would be a good idea to by a printer, though you seem to be paying too much for your banner rolls, he doesn't pay anywhere near those prices. Try to get a better deal by shopping around or buying in bulk!

Not stepping on toes I just thought what/wait?! Buy a printer for 1 banner? lol.

Thought might of been a type :)

Kiss kiss

Latest posts

Back