Salon owners-make up to retail?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrslargelashes

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am doing a bit of research into make up ranges. I'm looking for advice from salon owners that retail make up. What brand do you use? What was the estimated start up cost? What size is your salon? Does the make up sell well? Was your investment worth with? Any advice welcome. All I have looked at so far is young blood.

I stock and retail Jane Iredale. It is a mineral make up range that I love. The products aren't the cheapest. I thought the start up was reasonable, but I have stocked them for many years, so not sure what it is now!

If you're looking at make up, just be aware that not all mineral brands are the same. They need something ridiculous like 2 minerals in them to be called a mineral make up. One of these could be talc which is a mineral but not one you would want to put on your skin!

Other ranges contain a product called bismuth oxychloride which can cause tingling when the wearer sweats and can cause spots.

Hope that helps,
Vicki x

I've heard Lord & Berry (stocked at Sallys salon services) are quite a good brand and I don't think they're massively expensive

Just bumping this up. Some really good advice their squidger, so thanks. I will look at those 2, anyone got any other advice/brands? Anyone any experience of young blood?

Latest posts

Back