Salon Owners/Stylists: Whats the age of the youngest Stylist you work with?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fitz

Reaction score
We are advertising a Position at the moment and have been getting some very young Stylists apply. I just wondered what is the age of the youngest Stylist you work with or employ?

Also a comment I keep hearing is 'If they are Qualified they are good enough' Do you agree with that as I'm not sure that I do.

Thanks in advance - Steve

i think stylists are getting younger ,because ,when someone leaves they are suddenly promoted from junior to stylist . i think under 18 is just implusable maybe 19 the equivelant to 2 yrs college and a year on the floor?

hiya
first of all can you age discriminate in this day and age?! lol
I went into hairdressing at 18 and did my nvq 2 in just over a year and my nvq3 in a year. so guess i was fully qualified at 20ish. Im now 23 and classed as a senior stylist in a salon of 20 stylists. obvioulsy i know what i am doing, but i do think that obviously with age comes more experience. I may be techniqually as good as the more mature stylists, but i would not have the experience of dealing with as many different types of hair and clients as they have.
The age range in our salon is juniors are 16-19. The youngest junior stylist is 19. The youngest senior is 22. The eldest is about 55.
HTH!
x

My daughter was a christmas leaver at school and was allowed to leave at 15 as she was going into full time ed at college...so at 15 began training...and she finished her SVQ2 at 17..at 18 she went back and did her level 3 on day release..she is now 21 and the busiest hairdresser in the salon...can you tell how proud i am of her...smiles

Lindac

Hi Steve,

At our salon, we only employ stylists 18 and over. Its mainly because of the element of trust,comitment and people skills that younger stylists or training stylists lack in.

Regards Morgan

Latest posts

Back