Salon Services UV gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jem J Beauty

Reaction score
Hiya,

I recently did my gel nail extensions Training and was adviced to get a starter kit which I got from salon services. I did my first client (a friend) few weeks back which all went okay but thought I’d practise on myself but after soaking my own nails in acetone for what seemed around 45mins nothing was soaking off. (Ended up filing everything off) I was trained to buff off top layer and soak nails in acetone which is what I do for all my gel polish clients. This didn’t work at all. I’m assuning this is a NON soak off gel. She is coming back in a week or so for her infills. Should I now carry on using this product for infills until I need to do removal as it’s a non soak off gel or get a better soak off gel and start again with new tips etc? She is a friend who I am practising on luckily but wondered how I would remove the extensions? Would I need to file everything off to remove? Can also anyone know of a good brand to use for a soak off uv gel? Any acrylic brands would also be helpful as I’m learning this too but Steve my experience with using the salon services starter kits I don’t have much faith in them. Thanks very much.

Jemma x

Latest posts

Back