Salon Services wouldn't accept my certificates

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I won't shop at Sally's on principle, they sell to none pros and that's just not right, who cares what the price is? This is our industry and any Tom, dick and Harry can buy their bits there.

Very nice gesture of good will there, but would be nicer to standardise the whole company and clamp down on non pros shopping there.

The staff at my local Sally's are all friendly and happy to help which is great. I took my Certs in (not nvq) and they accepted them, the only one I didn't take in was my nail cert as I explained its a big cnd one and its on the wall. They said that's ok as they can see my others and have me a temp card.

I've had this temp card for a year 😳I asked last week and she said it can take upto 6 months I said its been 12! She laughed and said oh keep using this lol

I use my local Sally's hence it's local ... No postage costs and I was asked for my certificates and insurance .. Had a card with no fuss and whenever I'm there the staff are always friendly ( in the Swansea branch I may add ;-) )
Agree with non professionals able to buy but before I had my card and in the process of training I tried to buy gelish but was told I could not purchase without showing proof of training, have seen non professionals buy hairspray etc In there though xxx

Last edited:
I don't bother going there I tried getting a card took my certificates which are NVQ LEVEL 2 equivalent BABTAC accredited spent a fortune on training with a good company Sallys asked to see my insurance documents I explained I didn't have any because I worked in a salon and went under there insurance and was told I couldn't have a card I only wanted a few bits one being a cuticle pusher and they wouldn't sell me one it's ridiculouse.I was spoken to like an idiotic child.Very bad customer service I recieved and there website is very contradictory like otheres have said regarding there courses which are not NVQ level 2 but if you do there courses you can have a card and I bet my bottom dollar you would get a card without insurance.

Not in either of the Sallys local to me. My friend inquired about a course and you had to buy a kit for it as well, so she asked the obvious question - would she get discount for buying the kit and was told she could get the kit VAT free but only if she bought it at the same time as booking the course and she wouldn't get a Sally's Trade card until she had a Public Liability Insurance certificate.

From reading this forum it's definitely different rules in every store!

I point blank don't use them,
Moved a while back traveled over an hour to get to one and was refused with my "old" card as it was trade only and had to prove I was a stylist! Yes coz I carry my certificates about with me!! Was then told to drive to another store about 30mins away and would be able to purchase items
Without a card

Just don't get there set up, I'm all for not selling to the public! But I had a card may have ran out but it was still mine!

There far to expensive anyway
Rant over

Dear I.a.m.x

We have picked up your comments on Salon Geek regarding your Salon Services trade card application and were concerned to hear that your application was rejected. Salon Services has a thorough trade card application process to ensure that only professionals can buy professional products at the exclusive trade price offered. Unfortunately, in this case, we appear to have been overzealous in our approach and we would like to sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused. If you would like to contact us with a direct message on https://www.facebook.com/pages/Salon-Services/157363265855 or @SalonServicesUK and provide us with your contact details, we would be happy to prioritise your application and also provide you with some Salon Services gift vouchers.

Seeing as you have just one post here I doubt this will be picked up, but I will ask anyway.

What are your views on selling to the public? What is your policy on keeping consistency from store to store? Other than styling products and tools, why are the general public allowed to purchase products that are hazardous in the wrong hands and some of which have and can be used to produce lethal weapons?
What is your view on the situation that many salons are closing daily due to competition with DIY home work, which is exasperated by some of the stores displaying the Sally's/ salon services logo above the door?

I eagerly await your reply with anticipation and without hope of an actual response xoxo

Thought I should post a wee update seems as my thread has had some more interest recently.

I must admit I was pleasantly surprised to see the post from Sally's.

I direct mailed the Sally's poster on here about the situation but did not get a reply. I did get a quick response from my facebook message. I was left a voicemail (with an incorrect phone number to return the call) from Sally's asking me to send my certificates and more info about how I was treated in store. They have stated the same requirements for the application, e.g not recognising my qualifications, so I am not getting very far!

I think the main issue here is the inconsistency..it's ridiculous! Not even just from store to store but between members of staff!

Will keep you all posted on how I get on! x

Thought I should post a wee update seems as my thread has had some more interest recently.

I direct mailed the Sally's poster on here about the situation but did not get a reply. I did get a quick response from my facebook message. I was left a voicemail (with an incorrect phone number to return the call) from Sally's asking me to send my certificates and more info about how I was treated in store. They have stated the same requirements for the application, e.g not recognising my qualifications, so I am not getting very far!

I think the main issue here is the inconsistency..it's ridiculous! Not even just from store to store but between members of staff!

So basically you followed what the post on here from sallys told you to do and still you are getting the same treatment that is disgusting and the poster told you to contact them and still they have not replied.

It's beyond a joke it really is how do they run a business I will never know.

Different rules all round from what I can see,selling to the public,refusing certificates it's silly.

How frustrating for you x

Not getting a good name for themselves amongst their customers

The girls in my local branch are great, it's all the others on the end of a phone or running the Facebook page that don't know their a**e from their elbow.

Not getting a good name for themselves amongst their customers

Lol glad I've only been their customer once. Xoxo

Are your certificates accredited by The Guild or Babtac etc? or have you got diplomas from a school which isn't accredited? Have you got an insurance certificate as I am sure that if you have they will accept your qualifications.

They are not the only wholesalers, depending on where you are there is Captial Hair and Beauty and Aston and Fincher amongst others. They have always been stricter than Sally's though.

I will just add that they sold a gel polish to my dad! With my card and the lady said he could return 'no probs' if unsuitable.
Unfortunately it was wrong (I asked him to pick me up a gel inhibition layer wipe type solution as I had a panic when I ran out). He picked up an asp gel top coat type product bless him.
Anyway I went along with my receipt saying I will have an exchange instead as I wanted done wax supplies and was told 'no way can we even exchange'. So I saud I thought it was strange for hygiene reasons but my dad double checked FOUR times!
The lady then said, ' well you would of only got an exchange anyway'. I was about to tell her to not worry and go when she suddenly raised her voice at me practically shouting, ' fine! I will do it, but this is very goodwill, AND I will be having a word with *original server* as she has messed up big time by telling you this!'
Well.. If that wasnt rude enough when I went back to the counter to do the exchange I said, it can honestly go back on the shelf as I font work with this system so I didn't even attempt to open it. To which she replied, 'well you got what you wanted so we shall leave it at that, that's what they all say when they want to bring something back' !!!!!
I

Sorry iPhone spelling!

I will just add that they sold a gel polish to my dad! With my card and the lady said he could return 'no probs' if unsuitable.
Unfortunately it was wrong (I asked him to pick me up a gel inhibition layer wipe type solution as I had a panic when I ran out). He picked up an asp gel top coat type product bless him.
Anyway I went along with my receipt saying I will have an exchange instead as I wanted done wax supplies and was told 'no way can we even exchange'. So I saud I thought it was strange for hygiene reasons but my dad double checked FOUR times!
The lady then said, ' well you would of only got an exchange anyway'. I was about to tell her to not worry and go when she suddenly raised her voice at me practically shouting, ' fine! I will do it, but this is very goodwill, AND I will be having a word with *original server* as she has messed up big time by telling you this!'
Well.. If that wasnt rude enough when I went back to the counter to do the exchange I said, it can honestly go back on the shelf as I font work with this system so I didn't even attempt to open it. To which she replied, 'well you got what you wanted so we shall leave it at that, that's what they all say when they want to bring something back' !!!!!
I

Sally's all over for you. No idea how to interact with people, I'd say the staff are better suited to permanently work in McDonald's but that would be an insult to McDonald's staff.
Hope you have her name or staff number to email their customer service department if they even do have one. Xoxo

I'm not a Sally's customer tbh don't like the non professional customer thing - I'm more a capital if I need something ASAP - or I go to ellisons or Aston & bham if I want more specific things ...
But if u have Certs & all importantly 'insurance' then I don't see their problem.

Well if after using the same store for over 20 years whilst most of the staff were at school ( that makes me feel old) if they think I'm going to prove my qualifications now? My local one is linked to a Beauty Express so if they want my certificates they can trot next door!

I was in another one yesterday and she asked for my card which I didn't have but found me with my postcode?

Latest posts

Back