Salon Services wouldn't accept my certificates

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

l.a.m.x

Reaction score
Hello geeks,

I had a Sally's trade card which expired for some reason, so went along to my local store with my photocopied certificates and passport etc and they wouldn't accept my certificates!!! Apparently a new policy came out today and they only select certificates of NVQ and above.

I paid a lot of money to do my training at a private beauty school which is SQA accredited so am really annoyed at the inconvenience, but it looks like they might be clamping down. :rolleyes:

I am so annoyed! Has anyone had any similar trouble? I know they are not the most favoured supplier but there are none within 60 miles of here! Xx

They say on their literature NVQ or your insurance certs, so try taking that.

Stupid place. They sell to random public but not to professionals. Got to be fair its a pathetic company isn't it xoxo

Would be interested to know how that fits in with the training courses they hold on behalf of non NVQ training providers......

U took the words right out of my mouth Tracy

Would be interested to know how that fits in with the training courses they hold on behalf of non NVQ training providers......

They will have to go then or go nvq. They can't have double standards.
Like I say a silly setup and shop lol xoxo

Exactly! She did mention about taking in Insurance certificates which is the route I will have to go down. Or I could do more training with them... :eek:

They spoke to me like I was a thief, trying to get my hands on strictly pro products, I did point out I have been a business owner for 3 years :wink2: xx

So they take there own certificates then? So do they see that as good as NVQ level then!? Lol.
The only thing I like is the idea of taking people with insurance, as it'll mean professionals will only be able to get some products.

They are a total joke ,i have watched them sell to non pro and know of several people that have a card and are definitely not in the industry :'(

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

I have not long called them as I want to open an account with them as I'm back at college studying massage.
The lady I spoke to said I needed my insurance cert along with any other courses I had been on along with my student ID. I said I hadn't done a NVQ for my courses to which she replied "that's fine don't worry" I then said my insurance is due for renewal next month and is in my maiden name again told not to worry. Just got told to bring in my driving license. Seems its different rules at different places x

It's rediculous, a friend of mine went to a 1 day course in gel nails and now has a Sally's card, but they won't let you have one again even though you've had one before! When my card expired they let me keep using it until my new one came through, by putting it under staff discount instead. not sure if that was cos they recognised me from going a lot or not but all I had to do was show my expired card each time, maybe try that?

Dear I.a.m.x

We have picked up your comments on Salon Geek regarding your Salon Services trade card application and were concerned to hear that your application was rejected. Salon Services has a thorough trade card application process to ensure that only professionals can buy professional products at the exclusive trade price offered. Unfortunately, in this case, we appear to have been overzealous in our approach and we would like to sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused. If you would like to contact us with a direct message on https://www.facebook.com/pages/Salon-Services/157363265855 or @SalonServicesUK and provide us with your contact details, we would be happy to prioritise your application and also provide you with some Salon Services gift vouchers.

It's rediculous, a friend of mine went to a 1 day course in gel nails and now has a Sally's card, but they won't let you have one again even though you've had one before! When my card expired they let me keep using it until my new one came through, by putting it under staff discount instead. not sure if that was cos they recognised me from going a lot or not but all I had to do was show my expired card each time, maybe try that?

And is this friend allowed access to all products or just products relating to gel nails?
If they want this certificate standard then cards need to be locked to certain products that relate to the qualification xoxo

ah I gave up years ago when new cards came in, old card rejected at counter yet new application ignored. havent used them in years, was humiliated too many times having to pay non trade prices :mad:

Sallys just confuse me, it states on their website that it has to be NVQ level 2 or above or your public liability insurance fair enough, but the rules appear to change store to store! I also know of people who have been handed cards without the staff seeing any qualifications (yes, this was recently) and staff in there telling groups of girls how they can use their friend's card without their friend being there by circling the card number on the receipt and telling them that no one will question it! :eek: Although I do understand they have now clamped down on people doing this for asking for ID, but is this happening in every store or just a select few?

I have pretty much given up with them, my last trip there ended in disaster and embarrassment for all involved as the manager in my local shop just had such an attitude, was watching me like a hawk and was following me round the shop like I was about to pinch stuff! All because I said I didn't have a card when she asked me, little did she know I was about to apply for one that day, but she made me feel inches tall, so I walked out and promptly went to
Capital, got my trade card there no problem and find them all more friendly and helpful than Sallys have ever been.

Only thing I would like a Sallys card for is China Glaze as a few of my clients have been questioning me about the holo collection coming out later this year and I have to admit the polishes do look amazing! Just hope they are a bit
more long lasting than previous holos I have tried.

I have to say that the staff at my 2local Sally's which i use are really friendly and helpful and have been for the last 10 years I've been going there.

Just thought I'd let you all know that there are some really good branches out there too.

One of the Glasgow branches is wonderful it has to be said and if it was local to me I would be happy to shop there. Sallys is very hit and miss though.

Dear I.a.m.x

We have picked up your comments on Salon Geek regarding your Salon Services trade card application and were concerned to hear that your application was rejected. Salon Services has a thorough trade card application process to ensure that only professionals can buy professional products at the exclusive trade price offered. Unfortunately, in this case, we appear to have been overzealous in our approach and we would like to sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused. If you would like to contact us with a direct message on https://www.facebook.com/pages/Salon-Services/157363265855 or @SalonServicesUK and provide us with your contact details, we would be happy to prioritise your application and also provide you with some Salon Services gift vouchers.
I am not a fan of Sallys for numerous reasons, but I am a fan of this post.

Would be nice if more suppliers like this bothered to participate in a forum spilling over with their customers.

I don't bother going there I tried getting a card took my certificates which are NVQ LEVEL 2 equivalent BABTAC accredited spent a fortune on training with a good company Sallys asked to see my insurance documents I explained I didn't have any because I worked in a salon and went under there insurance and was told I couldn't have a card I only wanted a few bits one being a cuticle pusher and they wouldn't sell me one it's ridiculouse.I was spoken to like an idiotic child.Very bad customer service I recieved and there website is very contradictory like otheres have said regarding there courses which are not NVQ level 2 but if you do there courses you can have a card and I bet my bottom dollar you would get a card without insurance.

I am not a fan of Sallys for numerous reasons, but I am a fan of this post.

Would be nice if more suppliers like this bothered to participate in a forum spilling over with their customers.

Wouldn't it just!
There are several companies whose customers are upset, annoyed and simply baffled.
Surely it can't be good for business?

Latest posts

Back