Salon skin test policy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnP

Reaction score
Does anyone have a sample of their skin test form they use, and any disclaimers they may use (although I'm sure that highly discouraged).

Tia.

I copied something similar under allergies off of google and placed this into the information on my disclaimer xx

Unfortunately disclaimers are very counterproductive. If a client was to sign one and then had a reaction the disclaimer itself will be used against you.

This is because by offering a disclaimer you're acknowledging the potential for risk and admitting that you're not following the procedures recommended by the manufacturer.

My advice is simply to skin test or not deliver a service.

Unfortunately disclaimers are very counterproductive. If a client was to sign one and then had a reaction the disclaimer itself will be used against you.

This is because by offering a disclaimer you're acknowledging the potential for risk and admitting that you're not following the procedures recommended by the manufacturer.

My advice is simply to skin test or not deliver a service.
I figured this would be the case.

So what exactly should be on a skin test form?

Hi John,

I absolutely agree with @Mac3y83 - a disclaimer will likely invalidate your insurance.

I would have the client fill out a skin test form comprising of their name, address, contact information and the date of which the patch test has been carried out, then obtain a signature from the client after they have read & filled in the relevant information and are happy with the terms cited on the form.

It could be something along these lines:

• The skin test has been carried out within the manufacturers recommended time frame (reference this)
  • It is their responsibility to make you aware of any reactions that occur (inform them of what to look out for)
  • That they understand if a reaction or any irritation does occur as a result of the patch test being conducted, you will be unable to carry out the service on this occasion
  • If a reaction does occur, further testing will be required for future services
It may be worth checking against your insurance policy, as all insurances are different so you are best sticking to their guidelines to be safe in the event of a claim.

Latest posts

Back