Salon software for freelance/mobile

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautyldn87

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I freelance at four different offices providing beauty services. Each one one day a week.
The receptionists takes bookings via email and phone but a lot of my clients would prefer an app or online booking system for Convenience.

Does anyone know of any software brands that cater for freelancers?

Many thanks in advance!

You could try Ovatu. You’d need to have an ‘employee’ on the system for each salon so the clients didn’t book into the wrong place..however each employee costs to add on, so if you email they might be able to help arrange something if you email them. They are really helpful and their customer service is good, they always reply to me when I have a problem.

But to keep it simple you’ve got those receptionists doing the job for you..that sounds more convenient to me. Just get them to email you the night before of the days bookings or something.

The thing with going online is those that don’t like online bookings will moan about it and continue to use the former method even when referred to go online to do so. A lot will use the line ‘it doesn’t work’ so you freak out it doesn’t work and actually they haven’t even gone on it just can’t be bothered. It is like potty training. You might end up paying for the system only to have the receptionists keep getting calls and login and book people in instead of the clients doing it (which is what happened for me for a long time and took up a lot of time and energy). It was worth it in the end, but exhausting to implement.

It pays for itself, so mine is £15 a month and one booking covers the cost so that could be someone that therwise wouldn’t have booked because they don’t like talking on the phone.

schedul, free and it even sends text/email reminders! i love it and is a webpage rather than an app so works on all platforms!

I have had a slightly worrying experience with Shedul, they're going live with their online payment option which is managed by another platform, which then promotes other local salons to your clients. It may be free to use but that's too large price to pay for me!.

I have had a slightly worrying experience with Shedul, they're going live with their online payment option which is managed by another platform, which then promotes other local salons to your clients. It may be free to use but that's too large price to pay for me!.
I never use an online payment option but yeah thats a deal breaker

Hey Rubywoo,

Fresha's not a separate platform, it's simply another product built by the Shedul team (with an easier name to pronounce :p )

We also provide you with your unique urls for online bookings that only lists your services and has zero reference to other businesses so there's no promoting of other businesses to your clients :)

But we also offer other links that helps to attracted new clients to you that have never heard of you.

Plus, we've been monitoring user behaviour for the last couple of years and we've found that clients are incredibly loyal to their service providers. If they wanted to find another salon they could with a couple of click in google anyway, but they don't. We also found that businesses who use Fresha found an increase in online bookings and a decrease in no shows, so it's win win for all :D

Setmore is fab

Latest posts

Back