Salon software?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cleob

Reaction score
I'm wanting salon software which includes a salon branded app. Can anyone recommend? Thank you

I use Ovatu and think it's brilliant! It does everything and they set everything up for you during your trial period without taking any of your payment details so if you don't like it you're not tied in!

I do agree, my clients say they would like an app they can download from the App Store so that's why I'd like one that's salon software including a branded app then idbefoundon Google so far I've found that phorest and isalon do it but I'm sure they aren't the only ones
I use Ovatu and think it's brilliant! It does everything and they set everything up for you during your trial period without taking any of your payment details so if you don't like it you're not tied in!

Thank you both. I've emailed them to see if they can provide me with an app branded for my salon

I do agree, my clients say they would like an app they can download from the App Store so that's why I'd like one that's salon software including a branded app then idbefoundon Google so far I've found that phorest and isalon do it but I'm sure they aren't the only ones

Thank you both. I've emailed them to see if they can provide me with an app branded for my salon
I just wanted to ask why a branded app means you'd then be found on Google?

I had a branded app but have it no longer and have to say I haven't missed it x

I made my own software (as a web service) as I come from a software engineering background due to the problem I have with companies stating that they offer cloud services for beauty professionals. My problems are two fold; one is privacy and the second is uptime - your content are on their servers and if they are down, you won't be able to get your content. Also the price set out on a monthly basis will be more expensive if you actually had one made bespoke; even on a small webserver.

For your diary, just use google calendar or an old fashioned book and pen which requires no electricity.

I just wanted to ask why a branded app means you'd then be found on Google?

Branded so my clients can download my app on their phones. This is what they had said thy would like. Much easier for them
I made my own software (as a web service) as I come from a software engineering background due to the problem I have with companies stating that they offer cloud services for beauty professionals. My problems are two fold; one is privacy and the second is uptime - your content are on their servers and if they are down, you won't be able to get your content. Also the price set out on a monthly basis will be more expensive if you actually had one made bespoke; even on a small webserver.

For your diary, just use google calendar or an old fashioned book and pen which requires no electricity.

I wish I was clever like you to be able to make my own! Currently I use paper and pen but it's not working well as most clients want to book online and the reception staff (not mine as reception service is included in my renting a room in a hairdressers) often get it wrong. I'm loosing clients as its easier for them to book online elsewhere

Branded so my clients can download my app on their phones. This is what they had said thy would like. Much easier for them

I wish I was clever like you to be able to make my own! Currently I use paper and pen but it's not working well as most clients want to book online and the reception staff (not mine as reception service is included in my renting a room in a hairdressers) often get it wrong. I'm loosing clients as its easier for them to book online elsewhere

I suggest then you get a web developer to build a page that can accept appointments either from scratch using a back end database or using Google API's. If there is a local University in your area, you might be able to ask if someone (like a first year or second year) from the Computer Science department would be willing to build something for you. The student gets the experience and you get the product as you want it. I am a TA at Lancaster University and a PhD researcher and I know that these opportunities do come by.

Whatever option you choose, I wish you all the best.

http://nailsbyjoe.com

Thank you
I have 2 in uni....my daughter did my website during her Alevels but apparently they are all far to busy to help! And I got told I want too much lol my talents are more hands on people not computers

If you make a website and put your online booking on there they can create a bookmark on their home screen to go straight to that section of your site (just like I do with salon geek I never use the app now) and they can just book through the icon on the main screen, this is a pic of my apps on my phone, the salon geek one is just a link to a page on salon geek but it looks just like an app & takes me straight to the page I want

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    250.1 KB · Views: 11
If you make a website and put your online booking on there they can create a bookmark on their home screen to go straight to that section of your site (just like I do with salon geek I never use the app now) and they can just book through the icon on the main screen, this is a pic of my apps on my phone, the salon geek one is just a link to a page on salon geek but it looks just like an app & takes me straight to the page I want
Ooh I didn't know this. In going to have a play. Thanks @surf girl x

We're currently developing a dedicated app that allows branding for your shop. One of the core principals of BookClients is allowing you to control the branding experience with your website, booking process, and app while taking out the technical headaches.

In my opinion, the three most overlooked benefits of having an app are:
  1. Push notifications.
  2. Analytics.
  3. Reducing obstacles for your client to buy from you with a few of button clicks.
There is lots of data showing the hospitality industry can have as high as a 30% click rate for push notifications (source) vs. 10.8% for email (source)

Here's an example how it would work. You have a client that has already installed the app on their phone, and your client has made a manicure booking on their lunch break in the past. Your client's credit card is securely saved in the cloud. A few weeks go by, and nothing is scheduled but your client has looked at getting a pedicure and manicure. Your app could automatically send your client a push notification on their lunch break about a manicure and pedicure combination deal. Then, your client clicks a few times without having to log in or type their credit card in, and their appointment is made.

We already have this working on the website and email side, but we are currently incorporating and testing it for iPhone and Android.

If you have questions, feel free reply here, send me a private message, or email at [email protected]

I'm wanting salon software which includes a salon branded app. Can anyone recommend? Thank you
Cleob- My company Booker has salon software that can be a great fit for you and we build custom branded apps.

Hi Cleob,

Did you get the salon software that you were looking for?

Regards,
Dilna

Hi if it's just you look at a wix website, you can book on line through it and use google calendar on a salon iPad

I have an app from appsme.com they have a few price bands, I paid for App Store and Google play downloads. It has my price list on, social media, links to website, online booking deals etc etc really pleased I got it as it compliments my business and most people have a tablet or mobile phone so all my business stuff is in one place. Have a look it's a free download from App Store or google play searching for AB Medical UK

Latest posts

Back