Salon software?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jo Sunshine

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I’ve been in beauty 23years & running my own salon successfully for the past 6 years as a private clinic. The opportunity has come to expand and relocate. I’m excited to expand have a ‘shop presence’ and at the moment will still be the only therapist. But have staff in shop. Up until now I have been a bit old fashioned with paper diary and using iZettle On an iPad for payments. However I need to now get salon software in and would like to go paperless on the record cards etc for when I open end September.

Which salon software do you use and recommend and are they expensive?

thanks

There are heaps around and to be honest most are pretty good, you should try a few and see which one you prefer. A couple of well known ones, Timely, You'reOnTime, Ovatu.

There are heaps around and to be honest most are pretty good, you should try a few and see which one you prefer. A couple of well known ones, Timely, You'reOnTime, Ovatu.
Thank you! I think timely is looking good atm will check the other two as I’ve not heard of them. I initially called phorrest but omg it’s sooo expensive! Especially in these uncertain times.

I second Timely! I've been using it for 5 years and wouldn't change, great features so its such good value for money!

I second Timely! I've been using it for 5 years and wouldn't change, great features so its such good value for money!
Thanks for your feedback! I’ve had a two week trial with it and I really like it. May I ask which package you recommend? Do you use the consult app with it too? And also do you send out a covid consultation form to each client before they attend salon?

sorry for all the questions but I’ve always been a pen and paper kinda girl!!

Thanks for your feedback! I’ve had a two week trial with it and I really like it. May I ask which package you recommend? Do you use the consult app with it too? And also do you send out a covid consultation form to each client before they attend salon?

sorry for all the questions but I’ve always been a pen and paper kinda girl!!

Thats okay! Happy to help

So I have the top package innovate, if you want to use the consult part I think you need either of the top 2 packages but they're worth every penny!

I use the consult app too but they've just added that you can use consult with Timely itself to build forms etc which is great! And yes I use it to send a covid form before each appointment, you can do it manually or attach it to the appointment reminder

I do have a discount code if you decide to sign up - it gives you 3 months half price xx

:)

You have been such a help thank you! I would love the discount code please that’s really kind of you. One final question if I take the middle package And then decide I would like to upgrade is this a simple process once signed up?
Thanks x

You have been such a help thank you! I would love the discount code please that’s really kind of you. One final question if I take the middle package And then decide I would like to upgrade is this a simple process once signed up?
Thanks x

Yes you can move up if you whenever you want to! The code is ANNABELFOT, if you need any help or have any more questions just ask :)

Yes you can move up if you whenever you want to! The code is ANNABELFOT, if you need any help or have any more questions just ask :)
Thanks Annabel - I will be setting up in the next week or two and will use your code. I’m just waiting for the builders as everything is taking so much longer than expected in these times. I am worried about launching online booking and not being ready in time! X

I've used Ovatu, Timely and Treatwell, they're all good, reliable, booking systems. I would advise against Phorest as it's old fashioned and overpriced. I've also tried "clinicsoftware com" and they have the worst customer service imaginable and that's a huge red flag.

I've used Ovatu, Timely and Treatwell, they're all good, reliable, booking systems. I would advise against Phorest as it's old fashioned and overpriced. I've also tried "clinicsoftware com" and they have the worst customer service imaginable and that's a huge red flag.
Thanks for your advice! I’ve chosen timely x

Hi I am currently looking at Treatwell and Versum. Has anyone used Versum? I haven't heard of Timely but will have a look at that too. Glad I found this thread. x

Hi I am currently looking at Treatwell and Versum. Has anyone used Versum? I haven't heard of Timely but will have a look at that too. Glad I found this thread. x
I have used salon iris for a long time, but we are currently looking at Versum, their marketing suite and on line shop option is what it tempting me.
Their weekly emails to me seem really switched on as well.
Has anyone used Versum yet?

Help! I use SalonGenius software and have done for many years. I have just been told it belongs to TONI & GUY!! Seems like they have done some kind of deal and are ditching there own software and moving over to Zenoti software. I have never heard of it does anyone know what it's like.

I have been told that SalonGenius will no longer exist to buy or get support for so need to find new software or use Zenoti has anybody got that software and is it good

Timely is amazing! Loads of amazing features - I've been with them for 5 years and wouldn't look anywhere else! Definitely worth checking them out!

Hi thanks I will look at Timely.
I have been told there is a UK call centre for Zenoti but can't find a phone number anywhere does anyone know if they have and what the number is

Hi thanks I will look at Timely.
I have been told there is a UK call centre for Zenoti but can't find a phone number anywhere does anyone know if they have and what the number is

FWIW, I spoke to someone today who contacted Zenoti and were quoted $200 per staff per month!

Latest posts

Back