Salon Software

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chic Geek

Reaction score
Hi,
I am looking to get a salon software package can anyone recommened a really good salon software company???????????

Thanks

Lizzy xxx :lol:

Hi Jayne,

Thank you for your advice, and the link to the other thread.

regards

Lizzy xxx :)

Does anyone use Shortcuts or millennium software???????

Which is the best?????????

Lizzzy xx

Being really nosy, what's the set up price of this sort of system, including all hardware? It is definately something i would like to think about for the future, but have always assumed it is really expensive to set up.

Well when i got it I paid about £1000 and that gave me the touch screen pc, scanner and till along with the soft ware, I then pay £25 per month for updates and support but its brillent on quite days I can text all my client with one message to promote a special for that day, that works really well, it will also send reminders the previous day, automatically send thanks you and we havent seen you for a while messages. you can compare months with simple reports look at how the month is doing what services are lacking etc. Go for you want regret it:hug::hug:

Wow, thanks for that info. I was expecting something around the £5000 mark, and thought there's no way this can help!

I will defo look into it now. Thanks

My salon went for Platinum Software 3 years ago, its fantastic and the support is amazing. We spent ages looking at various software packages, most had lots of hidden costs and unfair terms. Some insisted on payment up front and then hidden monthly charges. As I had an IT background, I knew what to look out for. For those not so fortunate, I know Platinum do this really helpful free report - 'things to watch out for when buying salon software'. Might be worth a look before making any decisions. I love the software and find it really easy to train staff (I had some members of the reception team that had never used a computer before!) I also think its extremely good value for money, especially when you look at the costs involved with some of the other big names out there....

I have been enquiring about various salon software systems recently and couldn't believe the price of some them. Studio Tracker appears to be one of the most reasonably priced ones on the market and I decided to go with them as they were Leeds based and only up the road. You can download a fully functional free trial to use also from their website. Make sure you register the software (free) and you will receive 50 free sms's to use for booking reminders and stuff. You can download their trial from www.studiotracker.co.uk.

Hope this helps!
Alex

There has been a lot of discussion on Salon Software.
I have Prosolutions from DWB Solutions, I paid about £1600 that incuded I years support, on-line training and updates, there are no extra hidden costs and the software is easy to use. It keeps track of appointments (we have 6 staff) client history, gift certificates and retail stock. I use texts to remind clients of their next appointment. It has lots of business reports like forecasting staff and room usage, VAT and staff commissions to name but a few. I have had great service and support from them and they train my staff as well, (so I don't use my time doing it) I would recommend them to anyone, their web site is www.dwbsolutions.co.uk

hi;
Ive heard of a place called.... easy-salon.com. I think its run by one of the Geeks on here, and apparently its like £50 atm, just software I imagine, but £50 is nothing in the scheme of things so I think will be worth a crack!

ive got a katernico one if anyone wants it - it just wasnt good for adding on retail sales

I FOUND EASY-SALON VERY GOOD FOR THE PRICE.
I am using it in retail as well with no problem
At the end of the day is only £50 , and i believe is excellent for the price.

Cheers

has anyone else got the easy salon system? the website doesnt really tell u much.

Why don't you email them.They are really helpfull.I even had a live online training.
Sorry to keep going on but i was pist off with another salon software , that they tried to charge me over £600 + yearly subscription .
Eventually another geek recomented the easy-salon and i got the easy-salon for £50 + i got and a scanner for another £50.

It is very good for the price , i am not saying that is perfect but for the price it is very good.

Cheers

:eek:

Hi there,

I am using easy-salon but the 2007 version.
I am using the POS and the appointment.
Overall I am very happy and I am thinking to upgrade to the 2008 version.
At the bottom of the line it does what says on the Tin at the fraction of the industry price.

Fillakia Bella Donna

Hi Jayne,

Thank you for your advice, and the link to the other thread.

regards

Lizzy xxx :)

Hi there

We produce software for salons and small businesses that costs just £25 per month - no set up fee or maintenance costs. It includes customer database, shared diaries, maps (great if your mobile), sms/email appointment reminders (to stop the 'no shows'). We have a free version that you can try (no credit card or obligation) - have a look at it and see what you think.

Yes but srtill the cost is £25x12 per year and you do not own the software.While the easy-salon is one off £50 and you own the software.
You can check their web site at Easy-Salon Software an affordable salon management software solution. .
I think i am not sure they do and online appointment as extra.:hug:

Big difference.

Cheers

happy Larry:smack:

Yes but srtill the cost is £25x12 per year and you do not own the software.While the easy-salon is one off £50 and you own the software.
You can check their web site at Easy-Salon Software an affordable salon management software solution. .
I think i am not sure they do and online appointment as extra.:hug:

Big difference.

Cheers

happy Larry:smack:

Looks like a good price for £50. Not sure if you have limits on amount of contacts, shared diaries etc? We do a free version for very small start up (1 person) that you can use indefinitely (no catches), if you go onto www.icomplete.com you can have a play and see for yourself.

Latest posts

Back