Salon stock for colours and products

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lisa82

Reaction score
Started a new job this week, but there is a MAJOR problem, they stock hardly any colours or products to use/sell.
The last salon I was in p*ssed me off when they ran out of colour as I do lots of them and I hate mixing up random colours on regular clients to match in their roots coz if it's not the same then that just makes the stylist out to be bad when really it's the salons fault for not supplying the stock.
When I walked in to the new salon I was so shocked I felt like walking out, they have maybe 12 tubes of one make of colour, 6 of another, maybe 6or 7 of another make, and it's just no good! I don't know how they can be bothered with it!
The boss said if I needed a colour for a client coming in just to let her know and she'd go to the wholesalers and get it, but surely you can't know what your client is going to get?? I feel like going and stocking my car boot up with colour so that if needed I could nip out and get a tube then get the £ off her, but tbh that's so much hassle. All the other stylists don't seem bothered, but I really don't wana do colours now because of this!
There is also not many styling products to use, and none to sell. She said if someone wants to buy one to tell her and she'll get it in for them, but no1 who wants a new product wants to wait a week, if it was me I'd just go to the chemist next door to get it, or to another salon to get it.
It's my 1st week and don't wana complain too much or rub the boss/stylists up the wrong way but I'm not sure how to convince her to sort this out.
It's even making me think I should just go mobile and buy my own fl*ppin products GRRRRRRRRR help!!!

i hate this , its so annoying! especially when you lose a really good customer because the colour isnt right .Maybe if you explain to your boss and offer to sort it out for her and have some sort of system ,she will see that its actually saving money? especially for foils when you need to use differing shades .

are they a new salon?

weve been up and running just over a month so its still fairly slow aybe bisy one day no-one the next.

i havent got every colour simply because of the cost and how new the salon is.

i do have the basics e.g: browns and blonds and some reds.
but those are the colours i keep in for now and this has managed any walk ins so far.

when i have a colour appointment we make them look through the colour charts etc and then book an appointment.
but so far no-one has actually come in and wanted it the same time so not been a problem as yet.
and if over the phone we ask what colour they want.

we make sure we have the colour in for their appointment.

if they are new they may be thinking about cost. but if its losing them customers then thats not good for the business.

and i wouldnt ask my stylist to mix colours she wasnt sure of .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back