Salon System lash lift & tint, not impressed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChelleConnor

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
So last week I decided to invest in Salon System Lash Lift, I havent done perming in ages and thought instead of going back to it ill try the Lash Lifting!
I done the treatment yesterday on my friend and what a mess it seems to be. I am going to order some Micro Applicators but I am very confused.
I put the silicone shields on but they were too big (I have now read I need to trim them down)
Using the glue wasnt too good either, the lashes did not want to stick down, this took a good while!!
I then put the perming lotion on with a cotton bud, that was fine!
Then I had to remove it... now I removed it with a cotton bud and dont feel like I removed it all fully? Any advice?
I then put the fixing lotion on! Same again as above with the removal!
Then came the nourishing lotion which got the glue off perfectly!
But then I got a bit stuck, where does the tint come into all of this? Like at what stage would I apply the tint?
I took the whole lash lift stuff off and there was some lift which looked pretty, I then tinted them and the lift seemed to have dropped straight after?
Sorry for all the questions but I was not impressed and felt I had wasted both mine & my friends time!!
Any advice or tips would be great x

Ah what a shame chelle, I was going to train in LVL but after reading a few posts decided to do a lash lift course at sallys as it's quarter of the price, not sure if this is the right decision but at least I won't be wasting too much £, if not! I cant help with the products or application as I havnt trained yet but are you using the whole lash lifting products or some perming also?

Hi Hun!!
It seems like a good product tbh it just hasnt worked for me today!
I used all the salon system kit!
To me it seems that your just buying into the brand with LVL x

After a bit of humming & haring and a very dismal bank balance after Xmas, I thought the same, your buying into a brand like hd brows, which I can't afford at the mo! Keep trying with your kit, hopefully another geek will come along soon and shed some light on your problem! X

I use Salon System Lash Lift system and it DOES work.

I have to admit that I didn't find the glue that good either, so I've now bought into the I Appeal system but have yet to test it out.

With regards to the lash pads, what size are you using?? I tend to stick to the medium shields but I Appeal do sell the small ones but I haven't tried them.

When wiping off the solutions, all you can do is just wipe off the excess so I'm sure you're doing it correctly.

When tinting I too have tinted lashes when they've been on the silicone shields but think I may start doing it the traditional way, as I have a client who has really blonde lashes and if they're done on the silicone then the bottom lashes won't get any tint on them. But I did the tint before the nourishing lotion went on, let it develop and applied the nourishing lotion to condition and loosen the lashes from the shield. The results have been fantastic especially on clients who really do have straight, downward lashes.

Buy some individual lash combs and give them to your client so that she continues to brush her lashes upwards.

Give them another go, it's probably a case for first time nerves - I know I felt like that too.

Last edited:
Hi there, I do lots of lifts and perms using this system and (with the occasional exception) they work very well. Did you leave the fixing lotion for exactly the same time as the perming lotion and were you sure to put the lotion along the actual upwards bend of the roller? Did you leave it on long enough and did you cover with film to intensify the process?
Have another go and you'll probably be really pleased with the results, they are usually gorgeous!!

I use Salon System Lash Lift system and it DOES work.

I have to admit that I didn't find the glue that good either, so I've now bought into the I Appeal system but have yet to test it out.

With regards to the lash pads, what size are you using?? I tend to stick to the medium shields but I Appeal do sell the small ones but I haven't tried them.

When wiping off the solutions, all you can do is just wipe off the excess so I'm sure you're doing it correctly.

When tinting I too have tinted lashes when they've been on the silicone shields but think I may start doing it the traditional way, as I have a client who has really blonde lashes and if they're done on the silicone then the bottom lashes won't get any tint on them. But I did the tint before the nourishing lotion went on, let it develop and applied the nourishing lotion to condition and loosen the lashes from the shield. The results have been fantastic especially on clients who really do have straight, downward lashes.

Buy some individual lash combs and give them to your client so that she continues to brush her lashes upwards.

Give them another go, it's probably a case for first time nerves - I know I felt like that too.

Thank you so much for your reply hun its exactly what I needed lol!!
I used the medium as thats the smallest Salon System do, do you know why this is?
Brilliant to know about the excess, i definitely tried to remove as much as I can!
Thats what I found confusing, if you tint with the silicone on the bottom lashes wont get tinted!
Will deffo get some combs and different equipment! I do think I found it hard as it was my first one in about 4 years! Will deffo have another go x

Hi there, I do lots of lifts and perms using this system and (with the occasional exception) they work very well. Did you leave the fixing lotion for exactly the same time as the perming lotion and were you sure to put the lotion along the actual upwards bend of the roller? Did you leave it on long enough and did you cover with film to intensify the process?
Have another go and you'll probably be really pleased with the results, they are usually gorgeous!!

Hi Hun,
Thanks for your reply, yes I left both on for twelve minutes, I took both lotions right up along the length of the lash.
I didnt cover with film as the Salon System instructions didnt instruct this.
Do you find this definitely intensifies the process?
I will definitely have another go at things x

I don't understand the difference between Perming and lvl because the steps sound the same to Perming ??!?

I don't understand the difference between Perming and lvl because the steps sound the same to Perming ??!?

That's because there is no difference other than what lashes are glued on to.;)

LVL and lash lift kits contain silicone eye pads/shields which pull the lash upwards as opposed to traditional curl rods which allow the lash to be curled onto which gives a curl rather than a lift. If you know what I mean??

Will find you a pic. :)

Attachments

• Lash-Lift.jpg
    Lash-Lift.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 8,273
Last edited:

The process is the same, apart from different "rollers" It is the result which is different. The perm gives a definate curl to the lashes, the lift just lifts them from the root with just a subtle bend. I find people seem to prefer the lift but both popular

That's because there is no difference other than what lashes are glued on to.;)

LVL and lash lift kits contain silicone eye pads/shields which pull the lash upwards as opposed to traditional curl rods which allow the lash to be curled onto which gives a curl rather than a lift. If you know what I mean??

Will find you a pic. :)
What is the name for the Metal tool used in this Pic, I do Eyelash perming and think it would be handy for it .

What is the name for the Metal tool used in this Pic, I do Eyelash perming and think it would be handy for it .

It's the LVL Eye tool xx

Hey I also use Salon Systems lash lift and have literally just done my husbands eyes (he had downward slanting lashes) and I love it!! It makes such a difference and I think the SS make of lift works very well. To get maximum lift you do need to get the guard on as accurately as possible and comb them up using a pointy tool (I got mine from EBay). I use a cocktail stick to apply the Perming solution in a thin line at the base of the guard, as close to the lash line as possible to get maximum lift. And then repeat in the exact same line for the fixing lotion after removing the Perming solution with a cotton bud.
As long as you do that it tends to be perfect, although I leave my lotion on for 13 mins.
Hope this helps.

OK thank you, can you get the tool from anyone other than LVL. What is the actual name of it ?

Well mine is a dental probe from eBay as I used the LVL tool in my training but find my eBay tool just as good.

You can get lash lift from lash base to and they do an eye tool for £5.99

I love salon systems lash lift x

This is my lash lift I did a few days ago.I use a orange wood stick through out the process ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1329867730.992963.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1329867777.858285.jpg

Latest posts

Back