Salon System lash lift & tint

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samcarms

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

When I was undertaking my lash lift training using the salon system lash lift kit. The tutor removed the tint (prior to nourish sachet) with water on cotton wool pads. Since then I’ve seen comments saying not to use water to remove the tint as this weakens the perm. My question is without water how do you get all the tint off? I don’t want new clients upset that the lift doesn’t last long enough.

Many thanks in advance

Sam

Hi everyone,

When I was undertaking my lash lift training using the salon system lash lift kit. The tutor removed the tint (prior to nourish sachet) with water on cotton wool pads. Since then I’ve seen comments saying not to use water to remove the tint as this weakens the perm. My question is without water how do you get all the tint off? I don’t want new clients upset that the lift doesn’t last long enough.

Many thanks in advance

Sam
I think some brands say you can and some cant. I use flirties and always use damp cotton buds to clean, this helps make sure all product is off so it doesn't cause over processing.

I always use damp cotton pads to remove the tint and clients have never complained that lift hasn't worked properly. Never had any problems :)

Hi everyone,

Many thanks in advance

Sam

As long as the water is squeezed out so the cotton pad doesn’t even feel wet it makes no difference. You can do it before conditioner or after, I’ve found no change in result on my own lashes. It’s just to stop the lashes snagging on the fibres and ending up with fluffy lashes and effectively remove the gunk.

Alternatively you can skip this and remove the tint, apply the conditioner for a min, remove shield and tidy up the lashes with cotton buds with some conditioner on. Use them one on each side of lashes and use a rolling motion. Once it looks removed, then ask client to open eyes and check it feels ok. You will probably need to use the cotton pads for the skin where glue and tape has been for comfort anyway so can use it for any last bits of glue that you notice.

Last edited:
I trained with LVL - no water rule. Wipe the tint off with a micro bud until no more comes off.. then apply nourish which helps lift the lashes off the template keep wiping up until nearly dry.. I’ve done it both ways and this way works best x

Latest posts

Back