Salon trial day? Advice please I feel rubbish :-(

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
but please dont any one think i am making up excuses because i cant cut it or what ever because i am not i could cut it i stuck at it i kept going with a smile on my face i want to be a hairdresser more than any thing .. im not rubbish lol i can do certain things :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Sounds so unprofessional I'm sorry!x

The salon not you x

Sounds so unprofessional I'm sorry!x

ok thankyou my mum has mentioned how its strange my interview was 3 months ago and then they ask me to come in for a 10 hour trial for apprentice job and then i find out that the day before they asked me to come in some one had been sacked.. but thankyou this is the impression i got but was just feeling like it was me im just rubbish but i guess thats what every one else first thoughts would be im soo gutted because this is something i want so much x

and on thinking is it normal to do a 10hour trial day for an apprenticeship placement? i dont understand i thought the whole point was to train you over a period of time, they told me i had the job and to come in for a trial day but unpaid x

as doing a search on salon geeks threads it says anything over 4 hours you should be paid for is this still the same as a pottentional apprentice? as i think its clicking together now if my mum is right in thinking its all a bit weird how some one was sacked and then they ask me to do a full day trial telling me i have the job they just need to see where i need to learn and then say at the end we will call you to let you know if you have the job but did not say when did not even talk through with me what my role is did not go through with me there salon procedure did not show me where any thing is how strange

sorry geeks for all mmy moaning lol i feel a lot better now so thankyou all for advice its really made me think as much as i want an apprentice this one clearly is not right xx

i know i never felt soo bad even had a little cry lol and i nearly did when she was saying you cant blow dry i mean ive only been learning 7months at college so i only no the basics i even burnt my finger thats how much i tried but it was the hairstylist there thats only reason i stayed i did feel like walking but thats not me i though ok deep breath and carry on lol take it on chin etc and yes i think you are right my friend got put off for life sfter a bad experiance such a shame cause she was actually really good x

You have to work there everyday and if you felt unsupported on your first day I guarantee you will feel worse every day you work there. Clearly that salon isn't a happy place to work, or a good learning environment. The other salon sounds like a much better idea to me.

Of course you aspire to work in a smart and trendy salon but that won't make you a great hairdresser. What will make you great is working in a salon where you are supported, encouraged and allowed to find your feet without having your confidence shattered. And working in this salon with its negativity is going to crush you and steal all the joy of learning an exciting trade.
Walk away and don't look back!

You have to work there everyday and if you felt unsupported on your first day I guarantee you will feel worse every day you work there. Clearly that salon isn't a happy place to work, or a good learning environment. The other salon sounds like a much better idea to me.

Of course you aspire to work in a smart and trendy salon but that won't make you a great hairdresser. What will make you great is working in a salon where you are supported, encouraged and allowed to find your feet without having your confidence shattered. And working in this salon with its negativity is going to crush you and steal all the joy of learning an exciting trade.
Walk away and don't look back!

thankyou that sounds like great advice, tbh it was not all that trendy and smart salon although im sure the bosses like to think so and i totally agree with you about it does not matter about the type of salon its the pepe who work there that make it and i know 100% i want the other salon and after sleeping on it and all the advice now i feel much better and relises actually i was not at fault and to just try take some posotives out of the bad experiance and thats i know i loved the salon experiance and its something i look forward to doing in the future xx

Latest posts

Back