Salon waste!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bee001

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

just wanted a little advice, I currently work in a salon, (renting a room) I have to get rid of the waste I.e take it home and dispose of as we haven’t got a salon bin!
I do aesthetics (fillers, micro needling) and also do Dermaplaning, in terms of getting rid of the waste for those treatments, I I place everything in a yellow bag, and dispose of with the additional salon waste,

am I doing this correct, is this okay? I just need advice.
Thanks in advance x

Hi everyone,

just wanted a little advice, I currently work in a salon, (renting a room) I have to get rid of the waste I.e take it home and dispose of as we haven’t got a salon bin!
I do aesthetics (fillers, micro needling) and also do Dermaplaning, in terms of getting rid of the waste for those treatments, I I place everything in a yellow bag, and dispose of with the additional salon waste,

am I doing this correct, is this okay? I just need advice.
Thanks in advance x

I believe you need a sharps bin. There should be someone at your local councils business initiative team, they will be able to advise on bins etc. Then of course you can contact your bin people directly if no luck to confirm. Even if just for the peace of mind that you are already doing it correctly.

I believe you need a sharps bin. There should be someone at your local councils business initiative team, they will be able to advise on bins etc. Then of course you can contact your bin people directly if no luck to confirm. Even if just for the peace of mind that you are already doing it correctly.
I always use a sharps bin, but not yet at the point where it’s full, I know I can take it into the pharmacy and they will swap it all for me, as I’m a one man band doing this, I thought I’d be okay taking my medical yellow bags home like I have been doing with the general waste, I have attempted to contact the local council but not had any advice.
Thankyou for responding ❤️

You shouldn't be taking any business rubbish home to be taken by the residential bin collection. Of course, that's up to you. I definitely wouldn't be putting medical waste out with your residential rubbish as this requires special handling and collection. Honestly, it sounds like you need to speak to a company who deals in these collections and pay for those services.

Latest posts

Back