SalonGeek 3.0 Important Changes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Geek

Grand Master Geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
We are nearing the completion of a major upgrade to SalonGeek.com and want to take a moment to update you on some significant changes that will be coming very soon.

The last major overhaul to the site took place almost 10 years ago. Since then, my day job has had me busy and kept us on the current platform you see today.

The new platform gives us an opportunity to refocus on the features and core functions of the site. Specifically: on professional discussion and interaction.

Mobile first

Our mobile App is highly used and a very convenient way to be able to access the site. However whole sections of the site cannot be accessed with the App. Even trying to edit qualifications can be impossible. In short, it prevents us from having a consistent experience for all users.

The new SalonGeek.com is specifically designed to be responsive and mobile friendly. This will enable us to provide a consistent experience for all members. It will also eliminate many of the challenges we have that are specifically associated with the app.

Social Groups

This is an area of the site that for the most part simply hasn't worked. Part of the problem is the inaccessibility of the app. Another part is that it fractures discussions. They will be going.

Other

There are other areas that will go too (articles, tutorials, news, etc...) that are niceties but aren't core to discussion.

When ?
I am finishing up the last round of changes. As long as that goes smoothly it could be as early as this weekend. Possibly as late as next. Note that the site will be down for the majority of the day so if you swing by and its down... you know what's coming next :)

See you on the other side :)

Wow, quite radical changes for us oldies to cope with...but I'm sure we will manage :)
I will head into Articles and Tutorials and copy some before they go! Moldy Old fun guys being a particular favourite ;)

lol. Was about to do the same and it appears that the links to the articles don't even work anymore? Had no idea and there have been no immediate changes to the site that would cause that so it makes me wonder how often they ever got used!

None the less, don't stress too hard about it, they will still be there and accessible via their URL and searches. Just not as a "feature" within the site.

I am hoping you'll like the changes. I am excited for the new rollout :)

Yay new Geek site...can't wait to see the newer shinier funkier Salon Geek. An invaluable tool for every beauty pro.

The new and upgraded version of Salon Geek will be well worth the wait :D

The articles are definitely well used. At least by me :D

Change is good, it keeps the world moving forward. Can't wait to see what we do :) x

Is it just me? Neither the articles or tutorials even load?

I don't have a clue how to use the website :( could there be a guide included on the new website or a little video showing the features?

The app is easy but I couldn't even find my participated area on the website & I don't find the site assistance forum very easy to use

Doesn't load for me either

I don't have a clue how to use the website :( could there be a guide included on the new website or a little video showing the features?

The app is easy but I couldn't even find my participated area on the website & I don't find the site assistance forum very easy to use
This is a good idea, though I do think you will find it much easier to use than the current system. I will put the site assistance forum back in to the new site, but clean it out for help and assistance on the new site.

Thanks for the feedback!

They're not loading now but they were up until recently as I refer geeks to them frequently, although they didn't always work via the app, only on the main site.

Ok. fess up. Who took the articles?

Excited to see the new site, although sad to see the social groups going!

I love it how it is!
So I'll love it even more when it's renovated! !

Sent from my SM-N915G using SalonGeek mobile app

It looks like we will be ready for the move tomorrow morning (there goes my Sunday!).

Barring any show stoppers, I anticipate we will be back from mid afternoon (GMT).

It looks like we will be ready for the move tomorrow morning (there goes my Sunday!).

Barring any show stoppers, I anticipate we will be back from mid afternoon (GMT).

I don't know my password and username 😩😩 IT logs into the app automatically how can I get this now ?

If you forget your password, you can click on the 'Forgotten Your Password' link. This will appear on any page that requires you to fill in your password.

This link brings up a page where you should enter your registered email address. An email will be sent to that address shortly, with instructions for resetting your password.

Since passwords are encrypted, there is no way to resend your original password. This option provides you with the ability to reset your password.

You must be able to receive emails to your registered email address for this to work. You may need to check your spam filters and folder if you do not see this email in a few minutes.

Oh no! I deactivated my email account that I think I used to set this up ages ago and I don't know my password xx

Drop me a pm with your current email address and we can update it for you :)

Latest posts

Back