Salonlite not adding up?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rachcob27

Reaction score
Hi, I use the Salonlite software for appointments and book keeping and often find that when we do the end of the day print outs it's not added up all the days takings correctly. Has anyone else noticed this??:smack:

I had awful problems with Salonlite accounts. The figures were completely erratic and I could not get them to balance at all. Finally in despair, had to switch to another software program, which I am delighted with and even though I work on my own and could manage with a simple systems, this one offers a lot of extra useful features.
I have used salon computer programs in the past when I had a salon, so know how to use the systems, but Salonlite just would not add up!

I am having exactly the same problem with Salon lite.. Think it is such a fab idea but it never adds up correctly and I manage a spa with 4/5 employees so it's such a headache trying to figure out what's gone wrong! I'm actually looking to move to something else.. What have you moved to? Thank you x

Salonlite is great if you use it just for bookings, but I found I needed the retail and history of appointments so upgraded. Then, it all went downhill fast. I would get different totals all the time and my books would not balance.
I switched to Salon Iris, but purchased the advanced system that offers text/email reminders which I found very useful with Salonlite. The basic software is good if you do not need reminders. Majority of my Clients travel up to an hour for their appointment and I have always had concerns about possible mix up with bookings etc. A reminder gives me peace of mind lol!

I found exactly the same the reports were always out drove me nuts & I found I was paying for pro version just to add or checkout more than 1 treatment per person (surely that's a basic requirement) anyway I'm using www.yourontime.com they are fab they make quick changes if needed, very quick to respond & uploaded all my info for me so no hassle to changeover, happy so far :)

I'm getting a bit fed up with the reports I've been using salon lite for 2 years and can no longer rely on the reports. I'm not paying for the extra features, I like the free version.

I might look into salon iris.

Jemima :)

I was rather surprised the Salonlite reports were so useless, as I had Premier Spa (which I believe is the same company) when I had a large salon and it was great for a large salon.
I am sure many of the newer software systems are fine, but around 20yrs ago I purchased a system, that was completely useless and the company disappeared off into the sunset, leaving my business in chaos. The experience has made me very wary of taking on new systems, that have not been tested in a salon environment for very long. I took on Salon Iris because they have been around for a long time and found them to be very professional, although the software offers far more than I need. If you do not need text/email reminders the basic salon iris software is fine.

Im looking in to getting Salon Iris too.. Spoke to them on the phone and they seem very helpful! Just cant get my head around a few things so think ill need to trial it first and see how it goes! I dont understand the remote access thing..
I know Salonlite is free which is fab, but when its wrong totals, it just gives me so much extra work at the end of the month! Do you think it is worth the investment buying Salon Iris? I believe its around 115 a month for the payment plan and 9 a month for the remote access.. but doesnt include updates? Is this correct? I want to be sure im investing in the right thing before spending all this money!
Thank you!

I have not investigated the remote access, as I have a treatment room at home.
I took on Salon Iris earlier this year and I am paying approx £90 per month (I think, but will check) over 10 months/year. Sorry to sound vague, I will check my account later, but I purchased the software and now do not give it a second thought. It works well, records all my information efficiently, giving me more time to concentrate on treatments etc.
It works very well, does everything and more I need and I think the upgrades are optional. When I spoke to the company, they said many of their customers keep the same software for years and only update if they require the newer features. I can see my version lasting me for ever.

I paid it off interest free over a year. I have never paid for upgrades but have received them. I don't use remote access but use log me in to access my computer from elsewhere. I now pay for support which is optional and online booking which is absolutely fantastic but also optional. I put an ad in a local mag last week and we had a new client the following day. She loved it. She said she sat up in bed and flicked through the mag, saw our ad, grabbed her computer and booked online all by 7.30 am. Another new client x

Hi Guys,

I'm sorry you are experiencing these issues with our cloud based software. Have any of you considered upgrading your software to Premier Salon or Premier Spa?

If you would like details, please do not hesitate to contact me :D

Thanks

Hi Guys,

I'm sorry you are experiencing these issues with our cloud based software. Have any of you considered upgrading your software to Premier Salon or Premier Spa?

Thanks

I've just started using salonlite but if doubled everything up ie says I've done 20 massages when I know I've done 10 what's causing this?

Sent from my SM-P600 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've just started using salonlite but if doubled everything up ie says I've done 20 massages when I know I've done 10 what's causing this?

Sent from my SM-P600 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi Sarah, without taking a look for you , I cannot be 100% sure. Could your reminder or message be few too many characters and has therefore been spread over two messages?

Feel free to contact the Salonlite number and we can discuss it further :D

Hi Guys,

Thanks

Why would anybody pay to upgrade a system that can't deliver the basics? I think this is an appalling response from a so called professional retailer. Surely you should be investing your resources into ensuring you supply systems that are fit for purpose!

Hi Sarah, without taking a look for you , I cannot be 100% sure. Could your reminder or message be few too many characters and has therefore been spread over two messages?

Feel free to contact the Salonlite number and we can discuss it further :D

I think you have misread my problem nit messages massages I'm not talking about he alerts I'm talking about the administration area and the gross earnings (detailed ) all my treatments are doubled up say 20 facials when I know I've done 10 ???

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I think you have misread my problem nit messages massages I'm not talking about he alerts I'm talking about the administration area and the gross earnings (detailed ) all my treatments are doubled up say 20 facials when I know I've done 10 ???

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Sorry Sarah, I did misread. Thank you for calling to discuss and I will do my best to resolve your issues ASAP!

Laura

Latest posts

Back