Salons in Hotels

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nail_star2003

Reaction score
Hi guys and girls,

I'm off for a nice relaxing weekend with the hubby and they have a salon in the hotel and so I'm treating myself to a facial! And then I got thinking........what do you all think about salons in hotels?

Do any of you own or work in a salon in a hotel? Do you think they're profitable? Have you or would you visit one of these salons? What look would attract you to go in and have a treatment?

Your points of view would be much appreciated and if you have any further comments to the ones I've listed above I would love to hear them!

I wouldn't think of going to a hotel for a salon unless i was staying there(if that makes sence) I know somebody who done hairdressing in a hotel salon and she was reaally busy all of the time.I think it's great that hotels have salons now. Hope you have a great time.

I always have a treatment of some kind when I stay in a hotel. It's nice to treat yourself and they are usually pretty busy-I don't think they struggle for work!

Just want to bump this one up again!!!

I always like to pamper myself a wee bit whenever I am lucky enough to be staying in a luxury hotel. I would imagine that they are very profitable cause quite often they are full booked and I am sure most guests feel the same as me and make the most of the services. I have not been disappointed yes with the treatments - facials and massages.

Enjoy your romantic break Kelly!

Have you ever booked a weekend away, got in your room, looked at the hotel welcome pack and then thought 'i'll treat myself in the salon' and tried to book?

I have done this 3 times at different hotels and none of them could fit me in.

These places get packed, I recon a great place to work!

I think the hotels do well especially if it's on the posh side of hotels.

I would love to work somewhere like the St Andrews Old Course Hotel or \
Stobo Castle!

Thanks girls. Well I had my weekend away but no treatment!!! The therapist had a motorbike accident the day before and so no-one was available to work. Typical! But I did have a look at the salon and it was so cute. It was very old looking from the outside i.e. bowfronted georgian window but surprisingly modern inside and it worked really well. It gave me a few ideas anyway.

I'm just going about contacting some of the larger hotels near me that don't have a salon at present and putting a proposal forward. I'll let you know how i get on.

Latest posts

Back