Salt and pepper

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hannah797

Reaction score
Hi salon geeks

I have a client with a mix of dark (level 6) and the crown area/down to the nape is a mix of level 6 and white (grey). Of course she wants highlights! Now am I right in thinking if I lift (h/l) the dark up with bleach and 20 vol and h/l the grey/white areas with a level 10 and 20 vol (to add colour back into the white hairs, or do I use 30 vol?) will it all blend together? I may need to tone the hair once the h/l have lifted so that both the bleach and the tint h/l blend together.

Obviously I know bleach won’t tough grey hair so my theory is to put colour back into the grey/white areas.

I hope this makes sense!
Thank you for reading

You don't need to use the 10 you can just use bleach as it'll expose the keratin and make the white hair slightly yellow. Then you can just tone!

Thank you. Won’t the hair then look yellow once the toner has faded though?

Thank you. Won’t the hair then look yellow once the toner has faded though?

Yes, because no toner (or colour) is permanent. That’s why it’s important during the consultation to ensure that the client understands the upkeep required when choosing to colour their hair.

Yes sure thank you for your advice

Latest posts

Back