Sam & Doug Do Dublin!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JackieMc

Reaction score
I've just come back from the Dublin 'The Scientist & The Geek' Seminar and it was ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS!!!!

Luckily it was held just down the road from me, but I would have travelled the length of Ireland if I'd had to.

Doug and Sam were just the best, fun and education all mixed into one - if you get the chance to go to one of their roadshows I highly recommend it. I beat the rest of the girls and was the first one to buy Doug's new book - poor Emer had her short break interupted by me throwing money at her (and Emer - I knew I'd forget to pick up my change! Stick it on my account cos I need to pick up some more SolarOil soon!). Both Doug and Sam very graciously signed it for me, and my friend who came with me (who was supposed to be having my '1st Edition Doug') was so impressed with Doug's talk that she went and bought the 2nd Edition too! For anyone who already has the 1st Edition and thinking about not bothering with the 2nd - GO AHEAD AND BUY IT!! I've only just flicked throught it but it is SO worth the money - colour pics and everything!

I enjoyed myself so much today I'm actually stuck for words! I rushed home and babbled a load of nonsense to Sean about the day and how good it had been, showing off the pics I'd taken etc.

Sam and Doug - just like to take this opportunity to say a hugely geeky THANK YOU SO MUCH!! I had the best time, the demo's were great, Sam, I'm sorry I kept blinding you with my flash (camera, girls...... what else were ya thinking??? :wink2: ) your smile lines rock and you have certainly inspired me to get practising the techniques you were showing today. Doug, I was SOOOOOOOO disappointed that we ran out of time and couldn't get to hear the second half of your talk, it was fascintating, and fun and easy to understand, my friends and I were considering locking the door and making you give the other half, we would have happily stayed there a few more hours to listen to you - but I suppose you do have to eat at some point during the day. I know you said that you thought most people had probably come to see Sam do the Demos, but my friend and I were there to listen to the Chemistry side of things (Sam's demos were a fantastic bonus of course!) and we were so impressed with the way you made it so easy to understand - hats off to ya!

I'm just buzzing right now, had such a fantastic afternoon, and my friend (who didn't train initially with CND) now wants to do her CND conversion and take some Master Classes - thank goodness, we can be each other's model now, that was the only thing holding me back.

Oh, I could go on forever but have to consider Sam's Bandwidth! Really did have a great time, make sure you both come back to Dublin again soon!

Jackie :biggrin:

OOoh youre soo lucky to have Doug & Sam appear locally!
I am really peeved that the tour is missing out the Midlands. I never did get to see Doug at Excel, I wanted the new book and the man himself to sign it and didnt get either :sad:
Never mind.. Im still sporting Sams super smiles :D

Hey Jackie
i have literally just walked in the door from Doug and Sams fantastic event today and am delighted that you have posted about it already!!You have described it perfectly - far better than i could.
We are thrilled with the way everything went and with the huge turnout.Many many thanks to all of you for taking the time to attend.It was lovely to see you all again although we didnt get to speak to everyone.
As well as being inspiring and informative Sam & Doug are a great double act and make the learning process such FUN.
We wish them every sucess on the rest of their tour (if they are visiting anywhere near you , go ,you will find it extremely helpful and funny !!.)
Thanks again all you Irish techs and geeks,
Creatively
Karen and Marina

oooh cant wait until they are in Essex now
best you post the pics jackie lol
x

Got a couple of piccies for you, first though, must say a big thank you to Karen & Marina for organising today, they obviously went to a lot of trouble - THANKS! :D

Right, I didn't take as many pics as I would have liked to, and I was too scared to ask if I could use my handicam (new toy!) but here's what I got.

Attachments

• Sam explaining colour wheel.jpg
    Sam explaining colour wheel.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 52
  • Sam doing custom colour manicure.jpg
    Sam doing custom colour manicure.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 54
  • Sam refining.jpg
    Sam refining.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 51
  • Geek & Scientist.jpg
    Geek & Scientist.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 56
  • Sam & Doug.jpg
    Sam & Doug.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 51
Well put Jackie (knew you be on first thing), and I can't add a thing to what you've posted.
Like Jackie was sorry that Doug didn't get to finish, but Sam's demo made up for that.
CNA Ireland did a fab job on organzing the day - THANK YOU SO MUCH.
Had a ball of a time it was great meeting up with ye all again.

:Scared: :Scared: I missed this! :Scared: :Scared:

I met Doug at super sweet smiles (he was sitting behind me!!) and I invited myself to the talk only thing was neither of us knew what time it was and as I had been working at the show I hadnt checked the nail geek (yeah yeah I know there where terminals there!) I called CNA Ireland and they were on answer phone but didnt know what time it started so I missed it :Scared:

Anyway as you know I'm from Eseex so apparently theres gonna be one there so could someone please, please keep me posted! Cant miss it again!!

RedAdmiral said:
Anyway as you know I'm from Eseex so apparently theres gonna be one there so could someone please, please keep me posted! Cant miss it again!!

Saturday March 5th - please call the CNA Essex for times (I think it's 1:00 to 4:00) but make sure you check first! :)

I tell ya, some people have a lot to answer for. I dont ask for much in life, a few pints, enough food so as not to go hungry, watch ITV's 'The Bill' in peace. Like I say, not much to ask.

Well last night was a complete washout. I'd no beer, I had to make my own dinner and worst of all, 'The Bill' was completely lost in the continuous ramblings of a burbling wreck which closely resembled the Jackie I had earlier dropped off at 'The Scientist & The Geek' seminar, except now there was no English spoken, it was all Gibberish. It was Doug this and Sam that..... smile lines.... so friendly and funny.... signed book.... much taller than I thought..... better looking in real life.....chemistry.... demos... my book..... dougs book.... the book that Doug signed. Are you getting the picture?

I dont think so. After all that, the handy cam came out. "Here... watch this... that's Sam, Doug, Karen... there's Marina...Creative Ireland.....Sam again.... Doug with Sam.... Sam and Doug. Whoever invented cinecameras should get a medal, a large one stuck right into the middle of his eyeball, that would make him think twice before his next invention. *LOL*

Seriously though, Jackie's like a kid that has just found the key to the sweet shop. I have to say that I find it really refreshing ( I'm very cynical normally) to see such appreciation in someone who has been in the nail industry as long as she has. I'll readily admit that I dont know anything about nails, but I know a happy camper when I see one, and I saw one last night. So for that, thanks Sam & Doug. Come back again real soon.... erm, next time can you make it a night when 'The Bill' is not on?

P.S. Anyone know if Ken Drummond is really dead?

OL Resembles my conversation with my hubby.........lol..........Richard bless him had all week of me going on just like that lol.....
He keeps asking when is the wife coming back lol.............. As for now he is stuck with this person that is rambling on about, Show, Doug, Show, Geek Stand, Pictures,Show, the Book that is also signed, Antony this and Samantha that, Smile lines, Ratio, I miss my mates and so on and on and on and on..........you get the picture lol.

Then the conversation changes it's on to ........ must sort this web page of mine out, Seanny said and Seanny wrote lol..... So you have a lot to answer for too lol........
Don't you just love it all xxxxx

hi girls,

I'm really glad you all enjoyed the day! i had a great time too, I love meeting up with people too when I haven't seen them for a while (Big wave to Jackie & Bernie!)

The guys were really great, blew me away with all their great information. We would have been delighted for Doug to do the 2nd part too Jackie, but hey they gotta eat! The good thing about it is, they'll just have to come back and do it again next year!!

Hope to see you all again soon for those Pre Masters classes!!

xxx Emer :Love:

Latest posts

Back