same hairstyles

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicole<3

Reaction score
Anyone know of or use any sites that suggest diffrent hairstyles, i dont want to go for a drastic haircut just now as im trying to grow my hair but im so fed up of the same old straightend/down/side fringe look plus its starting to look flat and limp :(
Any help would be apreciated
thanks a bunch geeks :hug:

Im feeling the same way hun.

Started growing my hair last december, it was a very short cut that spiked all over apart from my fringe that swept across my forhead. I used to have it cut every 3-4 weeks to keep the style so you can imagine how long, flat & limp its starting to look.

Ive booked in the hairdressers tomorrow in the hope they can offer some advice on some kind of style while it continues to grow as the way im feeling right now i could go get the lot chopped off!!!!

Im also doing away with my trade mark red & blonde highlighting and going for a warm brown with blonde for a change.

So geeks, if any one has any ideas i'de love to hear them.

As for styles i typed in short hairstyles (medium if i wanted to see medium) and it brought up loads of sites, one even had the option to upload a pic of your self and try the different styles but my pic wouldnt upload for some reason :mad:

Im feeling the same way hun.

Started growing my hair last december, it was a very short cut that spiked all over apart from my fringe that swept across my forhead. I used to have it cut every 3-4 weeks to keep the style so you can imagine how long, flat & limp its starting to look.

Ive booked in the hairdressers tomorrow in the hope they can offer some advice on some kind of style while it continues to grow as the way im feeling right now i could go get the lot chopped off!!!!

Im also doing away with my trade mark red & blonde highlighting and going for a warm brown with blonde for a change.

So geeks, if any one has any ideas i'de love to hear them.

As for styles i typed in short hairstyles (medium if i wanted to see medium) and it brought up loads of sites, one even had the option to upload a pic of your self and try the different styles but my pic wouldnt upload for some reason :mad:
Sounds familiar, my mum has always had short spikey hair and the times shes tried to grow it out are un-countable lol it gets to a certain length where she cant do much with it so takes the easy way out and gets it all chopped off again :lol:
A change of colour is great, id do mine but ive just recently moved into a new house with my 9wk old so i have to be good and not go crazy money wise lol

Sounds familiar, my mum has always had short spikey hair and the times shes tried to grow it out are un-countable lol it gets to a certain length where she cant do much with it so takes the easy way out and gets it all chopped off again :lol:
A change of colour is great, id do mine but ive just recently moved into a new house with my 9wk old so i have to be good and not go crazy money wise lol

Hi Nicole, does your mum go in the salon while growing her hair out for maintance trims to keep it in shape?

I always recommend this to clients who are growing it out. Every 6 weeks it needs shaping..keeps it easy for them to style it as they grow it out.

Just thought ide update.

I went to the hairdressers yesterday and had a lovely warm brown on the bottom part of my hair and loads of blonde foils on the top with warm brown between these.

I only had the ends trimmed where it was looking wispy and nothing else.

The top is prety much the same style (flat and looking long) but the bits over my ears and all the way round the back is now flicked out!

Im not sure on it myself but everyone whos seen it said it looks lovely and just takes the edge of the ""im growing my hair and its in the messy looking cant do anything with it stage""" lol:hug:

I thought I'd jump on the band waggon here and I hope you don't mind but I really do need some help! back in 1994 after a miscarriage and lots of stress I became quite ill and lost my hair to alopecia. over the years I've worn wigs and then I started having weaves from a top place in London but it all got rather expensive - I've been a single parent for 14years and struggled to raise the money for continous treatment! (Probably been on my own for that long due to the hair problem and lack of confidence). Well now my hair is growing and I have 80% of it back but its very fine and I've a couple of areas that are as smooth as a baby's ....I need to try and stimulate that area in some ways. All other areas of health are good but I do lead a rather manic existence with the 2 kids full time PA job and beauty therapy training so I am not sure if this is slowing down the process and immune system probably struggling. I wondered if anyone out there Hair geeks maybe or just people with experience/knowledge of this can help out. I do get rather desperate about it sometimes:cry: . I feel I am almost there but want that final boost to get my follicles up and running again. Sorry for droaning on but I feel its been holding me back for 13 years and I want to kick some butt and grab a man before its too late. (Apparently I only look about 24 but I know that when I go home and remove the "appliance" I have to deal with what stares back at me).

The second part of this is can any hair geeks tell me if a salon would be prepared to highlight my hair. What is there is in very good condition but its grown back very dark and I used to be blonde. I find the darkness highlights the sparce areas and I want to disguise this. I can't believe I am saying this online as I have hidden my secret very well for soooo long and now I'm coming out. Give me Gail Porter's strenght anytime you like..she's amazing.

NIOXIN® Research Laboratories: Nioxin - Professional products for thinning hair

Debra-Elle..Nothing to be ashamed or embarassed about. It is more common then u know.
Personally speaking by the description of your hair (mind you that I cannot see it)
I would highly recommend the above link. Nioxin is a scalp system that does produce new hair as long as the follicles are somewhat alive. The products stimulate the hair follicle to produce more hair. I would suggest (if you go with a chemical service) to look at the #4 system. This is for very thinning or bald spots/ chemically enhanced hair.

The shampoo cleanses the scalp .
The scalp therapy starts to stimulate the scalp, evening out the ph balance and making it a healthy enviroment.
The third step is a treatment that will absorb into the scalp and actually tickle the follicle to see if it is alive..LOL..
Then you may go one extra step (Which I would highly suggest for starting out) and use the Follicle Booster, which stimulates even the most stubborn follicles and gets them standing upright and growing again.

These last two products are not something you have to use forever. None of the system is. But once you get the hair growing again (if the follicle is alive) then you can just maintain it with the shampoo and scalp therapy. Since you worked so hard in getting your scalp into a healthy state, why not keep it there?
There is another product OTC out there called Rogaine. It is a lifer product.It does grow hair but Once you stop using the product, your hair will go back to where it was in the beginning.

I am a firm believer in the Nioxin system. I use it on my elderly ladies and they have beautiful hair.
So try it..look at the site. They have wonderful feedback and customer care and I know that Nioxin is sold in the UK.
Growing your hair out??
This haircare line makes hair grow healthy and strong. What better way to grow your hair out.

Good luck hun. Let us know how you get on with it...

JDs,

thanks for taking the time out and help. Very grateful. I'll check out the site you gave me and see if I can hunt some down in the UK.

Every tip I get is a potential new life line.:green:

JDs,

thanks for taking the time out and help. Very grateful. I'll check out the site you gave me and see if I can hunt some down in the UK.

Every tip I get is a potential new life line.:green:

Not a hair bod hun, but just wanted to say you sound pretty strong to me! Good luck with everything. :hug:

Latest posts

Back