Same nails coming off

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deb379

Reaction score
Hi there
My client is due to come in for a rebalance Sat, I asked her yesterday how they were doing, she's lost 3 again and same fingers as last time. She had admitted she had been hard on them as she was looking after someone's dogs and house, and she had cut them down as well.
I'm using tips and L&P CND, is it worth me trying primer on first? Want to make sure they don't come off again.

Deb379

Deb379 said:
and she had cut them down as well.Deb379

Just guessing Deb but I'd guess thats your answer right there! J xx

Yep the answer is there...................
She is heavy handed.................. cutting enhancements is not a brill idea................not for a client who might use little nail clippers............clippers cut in a straight line......... to put a c-curve fit intp a nail clipper and you get breakage at the sidewalls............. the same with scissors.............
this puts stress on to the tip and then the tip will break right off.......

Nails are ment to break when they come under a certain amount of pressure............ it's is like a saftey valve.................. to much pressure and off they pop without severe nail damage........they ment to do that!!!!!

So tell your client, that this is what you should expect a safe enhancement to do!!!!!!!!
But maybe keeping the nails shorter for her in future would be a good idea.............
Go through your client record card with her and check and re-check on her lifestyle and activity level.............then make the changes and see how she gets on after that

HTH

Hi there

When I first did her nails she mentioned she was heavy handed, and can't stop fiddling as well! So I think first time they were a little too long, she kept knocking some off cleaning.

2nd time round I did them shorter.

It's a good thing they do come off though, as you say safety valve, otherwise it would hurt like hell.

I will check with her to see how she has been shortening them, and will advise her not to use scissors or clippers but a file instead, as this may put stress fractures in them as well.

It will be interesting to see if she takes better care of them when I charge her full rates and not model rates!

Deb379

Latest posts

Back