Sandpaper the new skincare treatment?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MisstyB

Reaction score
I just had a client who told me that every couple of weeks she rubs her face with fine sand paper....great apparently for exfoliating and getting rid of fine facial hair....I actually thought that she was joking!!!! After picking my self up off the floor I advised her that this was definitely not a good idea and sampled her with some dermalogica thermafoliant.......has anybody else heard this before?????

Oh my god!? Never heard of this. That must be sore?

There was a small stand at ProBeauty London 2013 that was selling some sort on fine sandpaper based thing.

They were demo it there. It was sort of rubber bit you hold and attach sticky fine sandpaper to it and just eub the skin. It exfoliate skin and get rid of hair. On some occasions it took a while to get rid of hair. Defo too long to do bigger areas. Waxing much quicker.

Not sure about it.
A.
SalonGeek

This has been around for donkeys years!
I used to buy silkymitts from superdrug when I was a pre teen! Lol
They always used to sting the first time but then it was fine :p

Ooooh wheres my wet n dry?!!!

This has been around for donkeys years!
I used to buy silkymitts from superdrug when I was a pre teen! Lol
They always used to sting the first time but then it was fine :p

Same!!

Can vouch for silky mitts! Thorough exfoliation and hair removal! But I did get ingrown hairs a lot when using them!
Work perfectly on fine downy hair though.

I have heard of silky mits to but surely they are more gentle than sand paper???? In fairness she has lovely skin and is in her 60's so who am I to question why.......

Sounds marvellous! I'm off to b&q... ;)

well, who needs fancy creams ?

Ditto. Mitts been around for many years - probably fine for downy hair?

I tried them ahem, many years ago on my legs, but did not work. Probably by the time they removed my leg hair, my skin would have disappeared!

Latest posts

Back