Sanitation by fire

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Geek

Grand Master Geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
All righty then.

Seems some disinfection/abrasive companies in the states are going a teeny bit over the top by declaring that all abrasives must be disposed of after each use.

Why?

How many cases of HIV, TB, Crabs, leprosy or zits have ever been transferred via abrasives?

hmmmm..... makes one wonder.

How doth though ensure abrasives are properly cared for?

Do you:

Cleanse by fire (throw away or nuke each abrasive after use)
sanitise/disinfect after each use
Use the same abrasive on everyone until its as soft as a baby's buttocks.

Just curious

I sanitise and disenfect after every client.

Jue :D

I get my 100/180 grit files for 85c each so I toss them after each client... they always look shocked when I snap the file in front of them and toss it :?

Spongie files & chamois files are more expensive ($10.95 for a Snow Monkey) so I spray these between uses.

Metal implements, dust brushes, etc get washed and soaked in barbicide between uses.

Just read last month in Nailpro Mag that there's a lawsuit being filed suggesting that nail polish brushes need to be changed from one client to the next as well. What next?? This is truly ludicrous. The lawyers are laughing all the way to the bank!!

With my clients most of them have nails files which are kept for there own use in little bags with there name on but they are sanitised after every use
I cant beleive the one about the nails varnish brush :alien: makes you wonder what will be next mind boggles :ack:
Adios xx

accentuous said:
Just read last month in Nailpro Mag that there's a lawsuit being filed suggesting that nail polish brushes need to be changed from one client to the next as well. What next?? This is truly ludicrous. The lawyers are laughing all the way to the bank!!

Thats stupid.

Nail enamel is "self disinfectable" which means that no pathogens can live in it.

How many times has someone died from catching a disease whilst having their nails painted?

eyeeyiyi

I'm like Dawnie as in the majority of my client's have their own set of files which are sanitised after each use, wrapped in couch roll and placed in an envelope. This is charged to the client at £2.50 for 3 files and £1.00 thereafter for each replacement file.

They're happy and I'm happy

Adele

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back