Sanitation for mobile?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lizzieish

Reaction score
Hi everyone :)
I'm starting out in the world as a mobile tech and wondered what other mobile techs do/use to keep everything sanitised as obviously you don't have all the facilities a salon would have? Also, if you are going from one client straight to another how do you deal with this and make sure everything is cleaned between clients?

All advice welcome!

I put a little bottle of barbicide in with all my tools and wipe down utensils before and after every treatment in front of the client and then wash everything when I get home

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Yeah I've got barbicide so I could put some in a little bottle, how do you clean everything when you get home?

Yeah I've got barbicide so I could put some in a little bottle, how do you clean everything when you get home?

I wash everything that's washable, clippers, foot files eg, in hot soapy water, dry thoroughly then put them in Mundo or barbicide. Files I have for each individual client, brush them down to remove dust and spray with mundo solution let them dry then put in pouch I bought from Mundo which has space to write client's name on them. Wax pot is cleaned around edge after each client with surgical spirits which I keep in small bottle in wax bag. Clean all over when I get home.
I have a ridiculous amount of nail tools so very rare that I run out and have to clean when out and about but if it looks likely I carry a tall jar with barbicide, wash at clients then put in jar.

I have a screw lid tuppa wear cup thing that is tall enough to fit all my tools in. I fill it with barbicide solution in a morning, and then when i finish a client my tools go into it, it's done by the time i reach my next client and then at the end of the day, clean them all again and put away and start fresh again in the morning.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100008257171415&fref=ts

I have 3 sets of implements plus extra metal pushers and regular toenail clippers. I will rarely have more than 3 clients in a day as I am only part time. My cuticle nippers are a very good (and expensive) set so I only have one. I have a jar of hospital grade sanitizing wipes to clean my UV lamp and my nippers when I am finished with a client and I put them (nippers) back in their pouch.
I clean all of my used implements when I get home with hot soapy water and disinfectant using a brush to remove debris, rinse and dry well. I put them in my UV sterilizer for an hour and then with gloves, I package them in zipperlock bags.
I bring my own terry hand towels and I package those in zipperlock bags right out of the dryer as well. I keep them in a basket in the back of my car and even if one falls on the ground by accident, it remains clean.
I use OPI 100/180 single use files, CND blizzard files (these are fantastic), birchwood sticks and buffers. I keep the dremel file bits though. Each client that uses them has a their labeled container and they get washed/sterilized after use as well.

Latest posts

Back