Sanitisation/Sterilisation - what do you do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kitten

Reaction score
Hi geeks - I'm in the early stages of thinking about buying equipment etc. for starting up a mobile/home based salon early next year and I've got a bit stuck about what to do re sanitising nail tools etc. Don't know whether I need a hot air cabinet/UV cabinet/autoclave/barbicide - etc! I don't want to buy anything that's expensive an unnecessary but don't want to be under doing the sanitising bit either. Any ideas on what fellow geeks do would be great & help me plan how much I need to spend on this! Thanks in advance geeks! xxx

I always wipe my metal implements over with a lint free pad and disinfectant (chlorispray from Designer nails) and then I spray them all over with Chlorispray. This is so easy, and completely effective. No need to soak and it is very inexpensive.

For abrasives ... I give them a good brush with a stiff brush between every client and then spray with Chlorispray disinfectant.

Chlorispray is a dental product and a hard surface disinfectant sold exclusively by Designer Nails.

I have never found the need to buy sterilizers of any description. If by some chance I got blood or body fluid on my implements, I would clean them and boil them, but I have never had to do this as I never cut living tissue.

If I got blood on an abrasive (this has happened on rare occasions) I would bin the abrasive.

Geeg - thanks for your info, it's a great help and has put my mind at rest! I'll call DN as soon as I've finished my course (therefore qualified) and start buying the proper thing! xxx

Kitten said:
Geeg - thanks for your info, it's a great help and has put my mind at rest! I'll call DN as soon as I've finished my course (therefore qualified) and start buying the proper thing! xxx
Hi Bea .......just thought I'd let you know you don't have to be qualified to buy chlorispray from DN.

adele:D

A little addition: it's worth checking out your local Environmental Health dept. Different authorities have different rules and it is worth knowing what yours in case of client problems in the future or EH Officers visits!

Marian

That's brilliant, thanks for the extra info! xxx

Latest posts

Back