Sanitising clients hands with manicures??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you sanitise hands prior to manicure treatments?

• Always,wouldn't do treatment without?

Votes: 149 96.1%
  • Never,whats the point???

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sometimes,when I can be bothered?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • When I remember

Votes: 6 3.9%

• Total voters

BABSann

Reaction score
I always,always sanitise my clients hands and my own before carrying out enhancements and manicures.I mean,you dont know where your clients hands have been and they dont know where youre's have been do they??/LOL

I know of therapists that dont and wondered if you always do???

Always do!!

Wash first then sanitise, I'm always sanitising, one of my clients thinks this is highly amusing!

Teri x:hug:

Always but I remember at college we were told just to soak first that was it !

Now I use Citrusoak to wash hands & Cool Blue before starting even if just file & polish.

Always do!!

Wash first then sanitise, I'm always sanitising, one of my clients thinks this is highly amusing!
Me too Teri... I'm always at my CoolBlue bottle and it's always the nearest thing to me too!

I would never do a treatment without sanitising first, regardless of which treatment it is.

i ALWAYS do - even if its just for a file and polish! xx

ALWAYS, regardless of which type of service.

ALWAYS, wouldn't dream of not doing so!!

ALWAYS, regardless of which type of service.

Yup me too - I always wash / sanitise my hands first regardless of the treatment.

Sanitising hands should automatically be the first step of any service.

i dont even think of it now its just second nature to sanitise before a treatment and during...for e.g if i cough or answer the phone etc i allways re sanitise my own hands during treatments too.

Sanitising hands should automatically be the first step of any service.
I know this but I am talking manicures/enhancements only at the moment.

It goes without saying that our hands should be sanitised prior to any treatment,but believe me some dont and I have heard lately from lots of clients that they have been elsewhere and not had their hands sanitised or seen the therapist/nail tech sanitise her own hands.Yuk!!!!!

i dont even think of it now its just second nature to sanitise before a treatment and during...for e.g if i cough or answer the phone etc i allways re sanitise my own hands during treatments too.

Me too, even signing the UPS hand held note pads! I don't know where his hands have been..............:eek: :|

Each and every time, and i can guarantee that 80% of new clients all go
ooo whats that my other tech didn't do that,
just goes to show

ALWAYS!!!! It was drilled into our heads when I was in training...you first sanitize your hands then your clients.

I never start a treatment before sanitising both my clients and my own hands. It's how I was taught and its second nature now .. I don't even think about it.. its automatic ;)

But of course!:)

Each and every time, and i can guarantee that 80% of new clients all go
ooo whats that my other tech didn't do that,
just goes to show

I get this as well, it's always the first thing I do :)

I'm always washing my hands regardless of whether I'm doing a treatment - infact because I have some hospital grade hand gel in each of my bathrooms I tend to use that as well as washing my hands.

Oh oh just re read the above - I think I must be becoming obbsessive compulsive :eek:

Never start a treatment without sanatising, but new clients always seem surprised and dont know what it is, so no doubt many dont bother.

Wash and sanitise my own hands and sanitise clients/guinea pig's hands every time. Gotta be able to do something right, at least!:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back