SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IndiaRoisin

Reaction score
I just finished doing a clients make up and got home to find I left my alcohol spray bottle at her house, I’m worried that if I don’t sanatise my palettes ASAP they will be germy and stuff and build bacteria?? I’ve ordered new alcohol and spray bottle off amazon but the earliest it can get here is Thursday! Is that okay if I sanatise them as soon as I have my new stuff? Or will they “go bad” - I’m fairly new to being a makeup artist and am very very on it when it comes to sanitation and hygiene, I always spray my palettes after each client and wash my brushes after each client and this is making me nervous! Am I being neurotic in thinking that a day without sanatsing will make them go bad? Help!

Some people don’t even do it so it’s great to see you care and are a germophobe like myself. In a pinch I’ve used dettol the non-wipe one, but I also like to use Kaeso nail hygiene spray on my own makeup.

You could use steritane to cleanse the clients skin so that there is minimal cross infection risk to the makeup or clean the brushes with a wipe between each dip so there no double dipping. But don’t stress about it.

Latest posts

Back