Sanitising tools - is Dettol good enough?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pink-princess

Reaction score
is this good enough for cleaning your tools as it kills fungi, Bacteria, Viruses and parasites and is used in hospitals >??????

I think as long as its a hospital grade it should be fine, just make sure you sanitise after every client.

Hi , personally I hate the strong smell of Dettol It reminds me of hospitals long ago ,
I think the smell is over powering and it wouldn't smell like a salon ,
it may smell a bit too clinical,
(sorry if any of you like the smell of Dettol )

Wouldn't it be better to use a nice professional smelling one instead?

I would also like to know of any other nice smelling
solutions and sanitizers that smell nice and do a great job :hug: x

Hi Geeg , they look lovely but I couldn't find the salon sanitizers and sterilizing solutions do you have a special link for these ? :hug: thanks x

Minky try again huni, just a slight confusion between dot com and dot co dot uk.........

Hi, thanks NailsinLndon1 I just looked all the way
through Oeys Health and saftey thread too lol, mundo
thanks Oey ,
Some great professional salon products on there thanks :hug: x

Mundo.....latin to clean (I think)....their products are dental grade and do what they say on the tin....smell fresh and they have some great retail items also.....the hard surface disinfectant....which you would use to spray your files and your table, smells like lemons, lovely fresh scent....the hand sanitiser smells vanilla(ish) clients love it!

Great prices also!

Mundo.....latin to clean (I think)....their products are dental grade and do what they say on the tin....smell fresh and they have some great retail items also.....the hard surface disinfectant....which you would use to spray your files and your table, smells like lemons, lovely fresh scent....the hand sanitiser smells vanilla(ish) clients love it!

Great prices also!

Cathie the latin scholar!

Products are medical grade (where applicable).

A word of caution regarding Dettol and other supermarket brands. If you are planning on using these for sanitizing your tools do you know how long the solution should remain in contact with the tools (and other surfaces) for in order to provide thorough disinfection? Products such as Dettol do not contain rust inhibitors, so if you leave your tools to stand in a solution of it, you may end up with rusting problems.

Are Mundo products available in Australia?

I love Mundo.

I use the rapid instrument solution for my pedicure bowl (leave to soak overnight) and have just noticed the new pedi spa solution.

Use the rapid spray and love the sanitising hand gel - coconuts!!!!

Great stuff and you feel more confident using them and so do my clients.

Latest posts

Back