Santa Geek - Low numbers???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VHunter

Reaction score
Hey everyone???

What's going on?? Why isn't my inbox bursting at the seams? The season is nearly upon us, and we'll be frazzled and running like crazy chickens. We had over 100 participants last year. We have to do at least that:cry:

Get your pms' to me with your:
full name
address
likes/interests

Deadline is coming up, and we want to avoid the problems with the post and the last minute crazies....

Don't let me down geeks, GET YOUR NAMES IN:!:

:hug::green:

how many you got so far ..? x

Mine is in Victoria. Please comfirm that. I sent it to you last week.

I agree, it would be lovely if there were more geeks involved. Last year I received a really novel Christmasy gift from Minkus and I loved it. I sent oey her gift and made a new friend in the process :green: !

It is a fantastic way of sharing and receiving and really does not cost much at all. Come on peeps. Rally around. Tis the season to be jolly :lol:. Hohoho!

even though my brain wasnt working hun (kept forgetting to include my addy ) mine is in there , i enjoyed it last year (never got my gift tho :lol:) but cant wait to see who i get this year xx

Mine is in Victoria. Please comfirm that. I sent it to you last week.

I agree, it would be lovely if there were more geeks involved. Last year I received a really novel Christmasy gift from Minkus and I loved it. I sent oey her gift and made a new friend in the process :green: !

It is a fantastic way of sharing and receiving and really does not cost much at all. Come on peeps. Rally around. Tis the season to be jolly :lol:. Hohoho!

You're here, from the most recent update
http://www.salongeek.com/chit-chat/...07-participants-please-verify-youre-list.html

Just gotta read, hun:wink2::hug:

Sorry Victoria,

I do not wish to take part this year, I got a lovely gift from my secret santa partner, and I let her know it had arrived immediately and I also contacted her once I had opened it Christmas Morning to say it was lovely, but I never even got an acknowledgement even to say my parcel had arrived safely, despite numerous postings on the topic. I did eventually get an acknowledgement from my partner though not until after it had all finished, and way after Christmas. I tried really hard to find the perfect gift, but obviously it wasn't appreciated as much as I thought it would have been.

So rather than cause any disappointment I would rather not take part this year.

Joan

FOR PENNIJAR:

I'm very sorry that you were dissappointed that way dear.
But did you not enjoy your own surprise that was received?

Odds are, that the person who received from you is that he/she is a crazy busy person, and has a hard time responding to emails and such... and easily forgets to 'reply' (I'm often guilty of reading something and thinking "I'll reply later" and forget :o)
He/she most likely much appreciated your thoughtful gift.

I do hope that you change your mind. I'm sure that someone would LOVE to get your name and be your Santa.

But if you don't, I do understand, but will remain dissappointed.:cry:

:hug::hug:holiday hugs to you, whatever your final decision. :hug::hug:

FOR EVERYONE
I have just now gone over the 10pm mark that I set before I update. In 10minutes, I leave to fetch my daughter from pre-k. Following that is lunch.
IMMEDIATELY following that, I will update the "list" for everyone to verify that their name is on it.

THANKS!!

Sorry V, I just feel snowed under atm, we've all been really ill, hubby now home with serious head injury and possible hospitalisation tomorrow if no improvement, kids got to have various things to take in for school, stuff to buy for Brownies, Guides, St Johns, Parades . . . my head is in a spin! The pressure is on to catch up with all the clients who I've had to cancel lately with all our health problems. . . and dammit the little luvvies are busy recommending me which I would normally be sooooo pleased about but I'm feeling I can't cope!!:cry:

I just don't wanna take anything else on but think it's a lovely idea. Maybe next year I won't feel so frazzled. Sorry.

At least being able to hop on here now and then keeps me sane.:hug: :hug:

I have never done this as I wasnt here until May this year, but I am defo in ,,,,,,it sounds like fun!!

I'm sorry Victoria but after last year and having another geek (Bagpuss/Angie) standing in for my 'partnered' geek who didn't send her gift (which was lovely of Angie :hug:) I feel it's better that I give it a miss this year.
I understand that it's more about the giving of the gift rather than the receiving of one but I'm also a great believer in "it's the thought that counts" and that's why I'm not joining in this year.

I hope you all have fun, I'll be watching from the sidelines :wink2:
xx

Sorry mate but I am not going to take part this year,.
I did enjoy it last year, I enjoyed buying and wrapping my gift for my geek, and then was happy they were happy lol,

But this year I am so skint, dont even know if my own kid's are getting presents yet lol,

Victoria, you are a sweetheart for trying so hard and I hope it all works out for you and the generous geeks who take part xxx

I doubt that I will be taking part this year - not because I am like the Grinch BUT because I put a lot of effort into my pressie AND IT WAS APPRECIATED so that was lovely xxx However, I ended up without a pressie from my original secret Santa sender and had to have a stand in - it all left me feeling a bit bewildered - why put your name in and then ignore the person you are meant to send to???? and it is obvious from the replies that I wasn't the only one!

BUT the main reason I won't participate is because I am absolutely snowed under with work from every area of my life and I am totally stressed out :eek: and I mean stressed - I feel really down in the dumps at the moment because I have that much on and because my hubby has had to work away a lot recently, in fact I feel like I used to do when I was a single parent - except that it is a lot harder cos I'm a lot older :eek:

I truly hope you do have some more participants and I'm sorry for waffling on (but I can't help but feel bad about being a mega party pooper)! I really don't want to put either myself or a fellow geek under any pressure or disappointment because of what I can not promise to fulfil!

There will be lots and lots of cyber hugs and snuggs for everyone - I promise :hug::hug::hug:

Sorry mate but I am not going to take part this year,.
I did enjoy it last year, I enjoyed buying and wrapping my gift for my geek, and then was happy they were happy lol,

But this year I am so skint, dont even know if my own kid's are getting presents yet lol,

Someone is gonna miss out cuz your gift was ace ! I am actually wearing them now (they do get taken off and washed! lol) - they are slipper socks in case anyone wondering what they were !!! :lol:

I am heartbroken that some peeps did not receive their gifts last year:cry:. I am sorry that Secret santa has been ruined for some geeks :hug:.

I still think that it is a lovely idea though, so thank you Victoria, for organizing it again this year. For those of us who can do it ..... bring it on :lol:. xx

I hope it all goes well for everyone and Victoria you must be a Saint to organise this...I am amazed you find the time...:lol:

I am not participitating for the pure and simple reason that I would be one of those miserable Geeks who didn't get a present for their partner...or forgot to thank them...etc...
I know what I am like... last minute on everything and so forgetful it is unreal....:smack:

So I am not a party pooper...just a useless eejit who knows she is...and I don't want to be named and shamed in the New Year lol...

Have fun with it everyone and for what it's worth...I would have bought my 'partner' a Goldfish... I know they don't parcel up well but they are fascinating to watch....:eek: ( see... you are all relieved I ain't on that list )

Someone is gonna miss out cuz your gift was ace ! I am actually wearing them now (they do get taken off and washed! lol) - they are slipper socks in case anyone wondering what they were !!! :lol:
AWWWWWW see
I still get a warm fuzzy glow from it nearly a year later :hug:
You did make my day when you liked your present,
And I enjoyed doing it...
I have the same socks they are my favourite's....but mine are minus the eyes lol....my doggy nibbled them off :irked:

I had a fab xmas last year all of it, the preperation...the day..and the aftermath.
I am actually dreading this christmas now which is sad, we should all enjoy it,
and we all know it is supposed to be more about the DAY rather than giving gifts,...but sadly..and more so i think when you have children...its more about the presents ...and its scaring the sugar lumps out of me :cry:

I'm not going to do it this year as i don't want to be one of those people that puts everyone off next year:).
I don't like to make any commitments at the mo as i never know when my dad might take a step back (he has prostate and bowel cancer) and then we are in and out of hospital with him and everything else gets forgotten.

i was in it last year and got a loverly pressy - but this year im not joining either, too much going on to be thinking about buying an extra pressy - sorry V. but my family has to come first, especially with whats happened in recent months hun

:hug:

I'm very sorry for those that are having difficult times... whatever they might be, that prevent them from participating.
My heart goes out to all of you.

BUT PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT APOLOGIZE for that:!:

"Life gets in the way of living" a very smart and longtime dear friend of mine once told me, and I think of it often.
Life has a way of handing you surprises along the way, that interupt the flow, and we have to deal with those surprises the best that we can. If you can't participate because of some 'surprises'.. that's ok!! Really, it IS ok. So don't be apologetic and DON'T feel bad.
My intention with this was NEVER to make anyone feel bad! That's not the spirit of it at all.
And I'm truly sorry if I've made anyone feel bad about it.:cry:

My encouragement was for those that have been interested and haven't yet pm'd OR for those that hadn't yet noted this event, to take part.

As for naming and shaming... I've never done it, and never will.
I haven't shared the list with anyone of who didn't do what last year, and I wouldn't do it this year either.
As I said last year, when someone suggested that I do name & shame, THAT IS NOT XMAS SPIRIT:irked:

So, I'm off to bed, feeling a bit sad for many of you far away who are having struggles this year. I feel for you. I TRULY do. Please take these cyber hugs and put them to good use :hug:
And remember, there are some great geeks here to listen to your troubles and offer you more cyber hugs.

I know cyber hugs have cheered me on many a 'down' day (if you all remember what a dither I was in last year and my miserable doldrums?).

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Latest posts

Back