Sat here twiddling my thumbs!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlalouise

Reaction score
Flippin fuming, a client who has been on the phone and text me several times this week hasn't shown up for a 2 hour appointment!!!

Not a text or a phone call to say she's not coming! I will see her again because she goes to my friend to have her hair done, hopefully I've calmed down by then because at the moment I want to give her a piece of my mind!! :mad:

If you don't already have one, make up a cancellation policy and make sure everyone knows about it.

I used to get so angry with no shows but didn't actually do anything about it.

I now make sure EVERYONE knows my policy and, if they miss an appointment and don't get in touch, they pay in full.

Otherwise, I am going to work and not getting paid.

If it happens again, simply draw their attention to you policy and tell them to cough up! LOL

If you do have a cancellation policy, remind her of it and ask her for the £x you have lost.

Thank you, I work from home and don't have a card machine so it would be really hard for me to install a cancellation policy, however I really want to text her and politely say " I would have appreciated a text or phone call as other people could of had your appointment and so this has now cost me time and money"

I know you are fuming - I would be 2 but please dont do/text or say anything whilst your still mad!

I know some geeks have a policy such as if you cancel/rearrange an appointment twice with less than 24 hours notice you will be asked to book any treatments on the day, if someone just doesnt turn up - they are asked to find the services of another salon/therapist I know that might sound mad but in the long run its better to have customers who will attend then those that dont and get give you any notice.

or if youve got a paypal account why not use that for people like her? get her to pay a 50% deposit through paypal or if its a treatment that involves patch testing get her to pay half then

xx

Latest posts

Back