saying NO

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

niksaki

Reaction score
Just wondering is there anything that you wont do or feel like saying no to your clients when they ask you you to do something ie: nail art etc...im only asking because today i did some really nice natural plain gel extensions..anyhoo then she proceeded to get me to paint hot pink french on them (fair enough) 2 x coats of colour, one x coat of fine silver sparkles on that, then a diff sparkle on that cos she didnt like the first one but wouldnt let me take it off and start again....oh and then diamantes on each nail PLUS a clear coat over that LATER!!!! they looked very tacky! i was ashamed to think she might tell people i did them for her even!!!! :confused: i felt like saying no...but as that pesky saying goes...."the customer is aways right" :eek: :confused: :irked: :smack:

I use tips and used to have a customer who wanted the french white tips placed as far down her nail as poss! I hated doing it, it looked terrible and dreaded her telling people where she'd had them done. But I think sometimes you have to give them what they want, they are paying afterall.
:irked:

To each their own. I've had all sorts of requests, sometimes I don't even know if it's possible or not, but I'm always happy to give it a go. Whatever makes them happy.

LMAO yeah i suppose each to their own and all huh? my next client just glared at me lol when she seen the ladies nails lol they were THAT bad! but oh well....:rolleyes:

i think it can be really hard to say no, especially when you are starting you, you kind of want to make everyone happy. i am hoping the more experienced i become, the more assertive i become also LOL.

i think you have to let them have what they want even if you dont agree but try and suggest an alternative as a compromise if you really do strongly disagree with something.

at the mo, i think i would only say a definate no if it was compromising the health of the customer, as far as decoration, length is concerned i can only advise

hth xxx

i think it can be really hard to say no, especially when you are starting you, you kind of want to make everyone happy. i am hoping the more experienced i become, the more assertive i become also LOL.

i think you have to let them have what they want even if you dont agree but try and suggest an alternative as a compromise if you really do strongly disagree with something.

at the mo, i think i would only say a definate no if it was compromising the health of the customer, as far as decoration, length is concerned i can only advise

hth xxx
This is the most important thing I think. It's our job tolook after the health of their nails & advise them on what we think is best. I peeps want tacking looking nails that's their choice, as long as they pay for it.:lol:

Just wondering is there anything that you wont do or feel like saying no to your clients when they ask you you to do something ie: nail art etc...im only asking because today i did some really nice natural plain gel extensions..anyhoo then she proceeded to get me to paint hot pink french on them (fair enough) 2 x coats of colour, one x coat of fine silver sparkles on that, then a diff sparkle on that cos she didnt like the first one but wouldnt let me take it off and start again....oh and then diamantes on each nail PLUS a clear coat over that LATER!!!! they looked very tacky! i was ashamed to think she might tell people i did them for her even!!!! :confused: i felt like saying no...but as that pesky saying goes...."the customer is aways right" :eek: :confused: :irked: :smack:

I don't exactly say a blunt no I say something like "yes that sounds like a good idea but let me show you some samples of something I've done previously, which I think would look much better."
The customer is not always right mate, we are. We're the ones who've had the training aren't we?:hug:

Thankfully I've not really had to refuse, as they've listened to me, but I have advised some clients against the length they want as I know they simply wouldn't last.

I've had one client wanting the full length of the tip leaving on:eek: ...and she was quite heavy handed with quite stubby little nail beds. They still ended being longer than I would have really liked, and I advised her of potential problems, but she wanted her talons and insisted they were only for a party the following day.

We are advisors to our clients, and I agree with Judy, that offering an alternative and showing them choices is the best way but if they insist on a certain thing, then you DO IT.

The only thing I have ever refused outright to do is to cut the eponychium. In the 'old days' I had many requests to do this at the manicure station as it seems it was a normal accepted procedure as part of a regular manicure in those days!! :eek: I would never do it, and did explain what a viscious circle it was and how the regular use of Solar OIl would in fact shrink their 'rubbery' eponychium and make it pretty again in no time. I won't let a client make me compromise if something is hazardous to them, to me, or to my business.

I send em to the NSS for tacky airbrushing and nailart (after showing them an article on MMA of course) I "enhance", then it's up to them to "elaborate", My nailart is way too expensive for most as I charge for time and artistic ability, i'd rather reserve it for something more worthwhile, like a magazine shoot. I hate covering up a nice looking set with a silly garnish.

I did compromise myself once by copying a clients tattoo (BF initials in fancy writing) onto her nails, it looked totally chav but she was insistent and tbh I couldn't show her a single thing that would change her mind.

LMAO :lol: I'm now picturing a set of nails with a sprig of parsley on each nail!
Oh,please! Parsley is so passe! Let's have some coriander, or basil!:lol:

LMAO thanks people!! well i actually offered her an alternative i have some nail art that i have done (on tips) i showed her one of the same colour but all over with white flicks and a diamante, something still birght but a tad more....nicer? lol she wouldnt have it though...LOL thanks everyone for replying. :lol:

Latest posts

Back