SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iamscottee

Reaction score
I have a client who is a level 10 (on scalp lightner) who wishes to return to her natural level (a 6) but with lighter highlights predominantly to frame hair face.

My plan is to do foils (most likely a T-section) and then use a demi permanent colour in-between to smudge her roots into the lightened mid-lengths. My only concern is taking her level 10 hair to a 6 without filling. Seeing as we are doing a reverse balayage in-between foils it seems really inconvenient & tricky to have to fill. So I am wondering if I can get away with doing a warm demi - specifically Wella Color Touch Plus 77/03.

I’m considering Color Touch Plus due to my experience with regular Color Touch - while I love the line for toning and lowlighting I don’t imagine it will last long enough in this instance - and I’m hesitant to use permanent colour as it’s a massive change for my client (She has been a platinum level 10 for 5 years!) so I want the security that a Demi Permanent offers.

What are everybody’s thoughts on this? Should I just use 66/03 instead? What else do you propose? Thanks :)

Have you tried colour touch filling?
Screenshot_20191103_080404.jpeg

I have a client who is a level 10 (on scalp lightner) who wishes to return to her natural level (a 6) but with lighter highlights predominantly to frame hair face.

My plan is to do foils (most likely a T-section) and then use a demi permanent colour in-between to smudge her roots into the lightened mid-lengths. My only concern is taking her level 10 hair to a 6 without filling. Seeing as we are doing a reverse balayage in-between foils it seems really inconvenient & tricky to have to fill. So I am wondering if I can get away with doing a warm demi - specifically Wella Color Touch Plus 77/03.

I’m considering Color Touch Plus due to my experience with regular Color Touch - while I love the line for toning and lowlighting I don’t imagine it will last long enough in this instance - and I’m hesitant to use permanent colour as it’s a massive change for my client (She has been a platinum level 10 for 5 years!) so I want the security that a Demi Permanent offers.

What are everybody’s thoughts on this? Should I just use 66/03 instead? What else do you propose? Thanks :)
I would avoid 77/03 colour touch plus this is predominantly for white coverage rather than its tonal quality. If I were you I'd look at using 6/7. You will get better staying power with colour touch plus, but I have never liked the result over prelightened hair. I feel there isn't much tone to it, and what you get is a very flat colour with a woody tone.

I would avoid 77/03 colour touch plus this is predominantly for white coverage rather than its tonal quality. If I were you I'd look at using 6/7. You will get better staying power with colour touch plus, but I have never liked the result over prelightened hair. I feel there isn't much tone to it, and what you get is a very flat colour with a woody tone.
Thanks for the tip! I’ll steer clear if color touch plus. To be honest no one ever uses it in my salon, I was only curious to try it for its staying power. Oh well, regular colour touch it is :)

Thanks for the tip! I’ll steer clear if color touch plus. To be honest no one ever uses it in my salon, I was only curious to try it for its staying power. Oh well, regular colour touch it is :)
It has positives! It's really good for grey coverage, even though the guidelines say up to 70% coverage I have gotten 100% coverage with 44/07 on pure white hair. 88/03 is lovely if someone wants to try hair colour with out the commitment of a permanent. Don't avoid them completely, just avoid them for colour correction.

It has positives! It's really good for grey coverage, even though the guidelines say up to 70% coverage I have gotten 100% coverage with 44/07 on pure white hair. 88/03 is lovely if someone wants to try hair colour with out the commitment of a permanent. Don't avoid them completely, just avoid them for colour correction.
I’ll be on the lookout for a client whoes a great fit for colour touch plus so I can test it out! We get a lot of people coming in who want to cover greys but don’t want the commitment & grow out of permanent colour. I’ve always use colour touch in these instances as that’s what the girls in my salon always turn to. Thanks again!

Latest posts

Back